• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Preuss Commemorates Student Athletes 

On June 7th, Preuss coaches and high school student-athletes celebrated the accomplishments of all Preuss Triton’s 2023-2024 sports teams during 8th block in the Walton Center. Coaches recognized exceptional student-athletes and announced new upcoming high school sports for next year. 

Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Department /Athletics teacher Mr. Fulchiron states, “ This year’s event will be fantastic, as all teams had a great season, and there’s a lot of pizza students can enjoy as they honor their fellow teammates.”

The event started with student-athletes enjoying their slices of pizza as they anxiously awaited the upcoming news, accomplishments, and awards of all high school teams. Cross Country and Track and Field coach Dr. Anderson hosted the event and announced that varsity and junior varsity girls’ soccer teams will return next year after not having a girl’s soccer team in over a year. In terms of accomplishments, the cross country treamwere recognized for winning another league championship, and the boys varsity soccer team was promoted to a division three league after an almost undefeated season. After the announcements, two students from each sport were recognized for their outstanding achievements and contributions to the team. 

Captain of the boys varsity soccer team, Issachar Cortez (‘24) declares, “ I am grateful to have been chosen by coach Fulchiron as I gave it my all this season, and hope the soccer team keeps playing amazing as they enter a better division.”  

The student-athletes who were recognized were awarded a custom Preuss sports bag to carry their sports equipment and represent Preuss outside of school at the same time. Simultaneously, all student-athletes were celebrated during this event and should feel proud of the hard work they contributed to their team. 

“I love the new bag I was awarded. I think it’s the best gift the event has had and I will give it to my little brother so he has a new soccer bag,” said Cortez (‘24).

From the classroom to the field, Preuss athletes gave their best effort in showcasing their dedication and spirit within their teams. Their collective achievements are a testament to their commitment and excellence, making their families and the entire Preuss community proud.