• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Preuss Presents Annual Spring Learning Showcase

Barbara Guerrero
Preuss students present their school projects at SLS.

SLS stands for Spring Learning Showcase, and it is an event where scholars get to showcase what they have learned to their parents and community members. This year’s SLS takes place on Thursday, May 24, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm. SLS represents the rigorous curriculum Preuss offers and is an opportunity for scholars to reflect on their learning using ICLEAR (Inquiry, Collaboration, Linking, Evidence, Application, and Research). SLS is also a great way for students to gain useful public speaking skills they will need in the future. 

This year, all students except 8th and 12th graders, are expected to dress in professional attire and give a 3-5 minute presentation on their chosen projects that showcase what they have learned the best. One project students showcase must represent the humanities, and the other, STEM.  Teachers provided students with a list of projects the students have worked on during the school year to choose what they would like to showcase on SLS night. 

“I am going to be showcasing my ‘I Am’ poem from Mr. Meka’s Spanish 1 class, and I’m also going to be showcasing my science biome from Ms. Samm’s  class,”shares Halwot Dawit (‘29).

On SLS night, students stand by their presentation boards or slides in their advisory classes and present their projects multiple times to multiple different people. Students present to parents, Preuss staff, and community members, who are all invited to walk around and visit students’ presentations. 

Ms. Nance, librarian and Advisory Chair,  is in charge of making sure all teachers have time to plan and have received the supplies they need for SLS. 

“I love seeing all the students in their professional attire!” Ms Nance shared. “I am most excited to see how proud all the parents will be when their student presents.” 

8th graders do not have SLS because they partake in 8th grade Exhibition, which is similar to SLS but takes place on the last day of school and has a different title to showcase the transition from middle school to high school.

Additionally, 12th graders are exempt from SLS because they are required to complete their  Senior Exhibition, which can also be seen as a step up from SLS. Seniors present to a panel of teachers and community members on their internship experience, research paper and service learning project, and is a graduation requirement for all Preuss students. SLS prepares scholars throughout their time at Preuss to successfully present their Senior Exhibition. 

SLS is a great opportunity for Preuss Scholars to enrich their skill sets in public speaking and a perfect chance for them to showcase all of their hard work to the Preuss community.