• Check out the Scholastic BOGO Book Fair any day this week from 8am-3:30pm.
  • Mark your calendars for the 2024 Airband on April 19! Tickets will be sold during lunch up until the day of the event.
  • The annual Multicultural Festival will be on Saturday, April 20th at 11am. Come enjoy student performances and cultural foods!

Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Stacy Rosales
Stacy Rosales
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Art club Hobbies? → Soccer, Video Games, Drawing, Playing guitar and piano Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Japan Dream...

Barbara Guerrero
Barbara Guerrero
Photography Editor

Clubs/organizations? Church, and Multicultural Club Hobbies? Soccer, and painting Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Paris or Greece Dream job? Nurse

Students Prepare to Audition for Airband

Zetseat Damte
Prop from the drama department.

Airband will take place on April 19th , 2024 at the Walton Center. In order to participate students must audition and send a video of their performance to ASB by March 29th in order to be considered, then wait for their response.

Ticket prices for this year’s airband event are $10 for each student and $5 for students who will be performing  on stage. They  will be sold in front of the Walton Center after spring break. Requirements for Airband Acts are that the submission emails should include the names and grades of everyone in the act, students can only participate in one student-led act, the videos must have clear vision and audio quality, and the acts cannot exceed 4 minutes. 

Airband is an annual after school event that consists of students performing their talents to the student body. These talented students perform dances, songs, stand-up comedy and even magic tricks. The main purpose of Airband is to raise money for the graduating class of that year.

“We’re excited  to see many great performances at airband,” said Fernando Pech (‘25).

The people in charge of organizing the airband are the seniors in ASB.They are planning the Airband event to collect funds not only for their prom but also for other senior-exclusive events. ASB is a class that is focused on organizing events for students and also to raise funds for different causes.

A group that is currently practicing and getting ready for their audition is, “The 07’s”. This group consists of current juniors , Ivy Khu (‘25), Klarissa (‘25) Jenesha Semexant (‘25), Htun Win (‘25), Thomas Lam (‘25), NiniTran (‘25),  and Kamila Ramirez (‘25).

“We’re looking forward to our performance, specifically, the dancing since this is our second rodeo,” Nini Tran (‘25).

Something to look forward to is the winning penny wars class  choosing and organizing the losing class’s (Dr. Weber’s) performance for 2024’s Airband.