• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Preuss Scholars Demonstrating Preuss Pride

Pride+of+Preuss+Seniors+pose+and+represent+each+of+their+extracurricular+activities+for+their+photo+cards.+
Barbara Guerrero
Pride of Preuss Seniors pose and represent each of their extracurricular activities for their photo cards.

The Pride of Preuss initiative highlights the outstanding achievements of eight senior scholars who have not only excelled within their school community but have also become models for younger generations. These individuals have gone above and beyond and extended their influence by visiting multiple elementary schools to share their inspiring stories.

“The Pride of Preuss to me is simply being a leader and good role model for the younger generation. To take on the responsibility to make sure kids do not take the path of drug use that they will later regret in life,” stated Bao Banh (‘24).

The choosing of the students who demonstrated great Preuss pride was actually mysterious and random. Students were taken out in the middle of class to have a meeting with Dr. Steitz to receive the great exciting news.

The benefits of the Pride of Preuss is that students have the opportunity to exercise their leadership skills. However, sometimes the entire group of the Pride of Preuss isn’t able to participate in some of the Elementary school visits. Seniors have been busy with college applications, among other responsibilities.

Overall, their experiences with the Pride of Preuss have been amazing. The kids who they present to are very engaged and excited every time they get a visit from our Senior scholars.