• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrates Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024

Junior  Clubs/organizations? → Interact and Dreamers Hobbies? → Baseball, Cooking, and Videogames Favorite Season? → Spring Place you'd like to visit? → Globe Life...

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Rock band Hobbies? → Read, sleep, and Legos Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Italy Dream job? → Lawyer

freshman  Clubs/organizations? →Henna club and volleyball club Hobbies? → Doing my makeup Favorite season → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → Zanzibar Dream job? →Pediatrician...

Junior Preuss Students Explore SDSU

Marlene Rojas
Preuss Juniors walking around SDSU’s campus during their field trip.

Junior Preuss students have gone on their first college visit trip of the year to San Diego State University (SDSU) on both Thursday, December 7 and Friday, December 8. The four advisories were divided into two groups, with Ms. Garcia and Ms. Noorzay going on Thursday, and Mr. Arias and Dr. Enzberg attending on Friday. Rather than meeting on school grounds to take a school bus, students were instructed to gather at the SDSU Transit Center at 9:00 am where attendance would be taken.

“Getting to SDSU on my own was easier for me because I usually take the green line and then transfer to blue line,” said Klarissa Valdez (‘25), “I woke up much later, and had more time to get ready.”

Students enjoyed lunch on SDSU’s campus with many dining options available (such as Starbucks, Chipotle, The Habit, and Everbowl, able to be seen on the SDSU dining website ). They were strongly encouraged to either bring their own lunch or money to purchase food.

The first activity on the trip involved the students partaking in a one-hour guided tour of the campus’ most famous locations organized into groups of fifteen.

“My favorite part of the tour was when he showed us The Viejas Stadium. I actually think that I’ve gone to a concert here before!” exclaimed Mauricio Salas (‘25).

Following the tour, students were led into a small conference room where they were given a presentation on the unique benefits of attending SDSU and the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP).. Nearing the end, there was a brief pop quiz on the contents of what the presentation entailed.

“I didn’t think that I’d be interested in this college because I had my heart set on another school, but after learning more about what SDSU offered, I might’ve changed my mind,” stated Natalie Luna (‘25).

After the tour and presentation, the Juniors were allowed an hour to roam the campus and eat lunch, having to meet back with the group at 1pm for a scavenger hunt. The winners of the scavenger hunt would receive a prize on Monday.

The trip concluded fairly early, wrapping up between 2:00 pm and 2:30 pm, and thankfully there was no requirement to return to Preuss afterwards.

The SDSU visit was a memorable experience, creating a sense of anticipation for the Junior’s future academic journey.