• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrate Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Jacqueline Hernandez (24), Jessica Mariano (24), and Nicole Nguyen (24) are preparing to cheer for a boys lacrosse game.
Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024

freshman  Clubs/organizations? →Henna club and volleyball club Hobbies? → Doing my makeup Favorite season → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → Zanzibar Dream job? →Pediatrician...

Tracy Trinh
Tracy Trinh
Podcast Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSUNAMI, Speech & Debate Hobbies? → listening to music Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → London Dream job? →...

Angelina Abdelrahman
Angelina Abdelrahman
Editorial Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSU-NAMI (Triton Students Unite for National Alliance on Mental Illness) Club, Speech and Debate, NHS, Multicultural Club, ASB, Math Tutor, and I intern for the...

Preuss Introduces New Group Study Program

Zetseat Damte
Founder of P.A.S.S., Di Ho (’28) providing academic support during her programming hours.

As finals are right around the corner, Preuss introduces P.A.S.S, a new program created by our student Di Ho, with the support and advice of Mr. Hua, a math teacher. P.A.S.S stands for “Peer Academic School Support.” Its first meeting was held on November 13, in room D102 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m, and since then, they will be meeting Monday-Thursday.

The objective of P.A.S.S is to create a focused environment where students can work on their academics in other subjects besides math, as it tends to be the subject most teachers offer tutoring for. The goal is to make it a learning center where students can study together, get help from each other, and work as one.

“I hope for students to be able to have a study space together, away from home, where there might be too many distractions. I want to help them improve their grades, and also help them feel more connected to others at school, ” expresses Di Ho (‘27) , the organizer of this program.

In addition, the advisors are looking for upperclassmen who are able to tutor and help supervise the classrooms. Students will receive community service hours for heping and tutoring as long as they check in with the advisors monitoring the classroom that day.

Some tasks of the student advisors are to check in with students studying. With around one to two student advisors each day, if students are interested in this and would like to serve as an advisor for this program, email Di Ho at [email protected].

When scholars walk into P.A.S.S., they are expected to follow expectations and check in with the student advisor. The student advisor will then provide them with an attendance form and students will be grouped depending on their study subjects.

P.A.S.S is for all middle school and high school students in need of assistance with their schoolwork, or students in need of just a quiet place to study after school.

Scholars should take advantage of this amazing opportunity to obtain support as we know how much school work can grow in difficulty especially with finals coming up right around the corner.

“Anything that can help out students so that they can be successful here at Preuss, I am up for it. I think [scholars] will benefit from it if they take advantage of it and if they have determined in their mind that they’re going to use the time wisely,” says Ms. Majors, English and UP teacher.