• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrate Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Jacqueline Hernandez (24), Jessica Mariano (24), and Nicole Nguyen (24) are preparing to cheer for a boys lacrosse game.
Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024

Clubs/organizations? Tsu nami Hobbies? Art Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Bora Bora Dream job? Art teacher

Carlos Castaneda
Carlos Castaneda
Photographer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → none Hobbies? → Video Games Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Cabo Dream job? → N/A

Yaret Bolanos
Yaret Bolanos
Entertainment Writer

Senior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Swimming/volleyball/surfing Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Japan Dream job? → Entrepreneur...

Candyland Themed Social Kickstarts Winter Break

Middle school students enjoy the most of their first social this school year.

Middle school scholars jump start their long awaited two week winter break on a festive note with a Candyland themed social that will take place on Friday, December 15 from 1:45-3:45 pm, in the Walton Center.

Every year, as the winter time creeps in, Preuss holds many events on campus such as spirit weeks, homecoming, lunchtime activities, club bazaars, and the middle schoolers get a social that is coordinated by middle school ASB. This year the social will take place in the Walton Center instead of the basketball courts due to scheduling conflicts.

This year’s theme is “Candyland” which will include paper snowflakes, candy cane print, and of course all types of candy! There will be good music, fun activities, a photo booth, a photo frame decorating station, bracelet making, a ping pong table, a gingerbread house building competition between all the advisories and new to this year is a spelling bee trivia game.

“Students have really enjoyed the advisory competitions, so we’re trying to continue with that tradition so that hopefully we can get a trophy that goes out to the winners that they can keep as a memory from events like these,” explained Ms. Wiedemeier, middle school ASB advisor and Spanish teacher.

In the past, the winter social happened right after lunch and ended at 4pm but, due to the large amount of time that students would take to go retrieve all their belongings in an orderly fashion, ASB decided the social should end a little earlier, to give students a bit more time. In order for students to attend they are expected to have their permission slips signed, have cleared their library fines and are encouraged to maintain positive behavior, prior to the social.

Ms. Wiedemeier and middle school ASB have been working very hard on this winter social since early October and they hope they will be able to continue making engaging socials like this one in the future, as they enjoy having the ability to take leadership roles in great events such as these.

“Planning the social is … complicated but, I hope that everyone has fun, really,” stated Alexia Perez (’28), a current middle school ASB member.

Everything about Preuss coordinated socials guarantee fun but, one of the things that gets the most attention is the ping-pong table.

“Everyone should definitely try out ping-pong, everyone loves ping-pong!” states Arsamia Kibrom (’28), a leader of the social committee in middle school ASB.