• The last day to buy ASB Ball tickets is February 22st. Pay the full price or make a down payment!
  • Academic support will be provided at SEA on February 24th from 9-11am.
  • Interested in law? Join the Law Day at Preuss on March 9th from 10am-12pm to explore careers in this industry.

Juniors Sell Class Shirts
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • February 21, 2024
Preuss Introduces Boys Basketball for Middle Schoolers
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • February 7, 2024
Preuss Community Falls Victim to Excessive Rainfall
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • January 31, 2024

Multicultural Club Arranges Dia de los Muertos Celebration

The Multicultural Empowerment club, in collaboration with the World Language Department, brings back its exciting Dia de los Muertos celebration for the fifth year in a row. This will take place on Friday, October 27, from 4:00-6:00 pm in the Walton Center.

The festival started off as a small class activity, but transformed into a bigger, family-inclusive event. This celebration includes many different activity stations such as decorating sugar skulls, Mexican-style loteria, cupcake decorating, bracelet making, a face paint station, a henna station and much more. 

Multicultural club is working to bring this special event together with Preuss’ other clubs which are BSU, Interact Club, Henna Club, Art Club, APIA Club, Crochet Club, High School ASB, MS ASB Club, Ecology Club, Dreamers Club, Fashion Club, MUN Club, and Volleyball Club. Each club is going to be holding an activity or partaking in a food sale. They will be selling tostilocos, cookies, shaved ice, nachos and conches with ice cream. Mrs. Wiedemeier, the advisor for the Multicultural Empowerment club, has also formed a group with several students that will perform a traditional Mexican dance in the Walton Center! 

In addition to this, as Mrs. Wiedemeieralso teaches multiple Spanish classes, she will be collecting ofrendas and barriletes, included into her curriculum to display in the Walton Center . Students are assigned to create ofrendas and barriletes as projects to honor the lives of beloved, deceased family members or prominent artists. Scholars are required to get creative and participate hands-on in order to make their design stand out to its audience, often using markers, play-doh, clay, paint, sequins, paper mache, feathers, tissue paper flowers, and much more. 

“It has been a Preuss tradition for the past 5 years, and I feel that it definitely brings the community closer together,” described Mrs. Wiedemeier. 

The Multicultural Empowerment Club encourages all students to attend the celebration not only to indulge in all the delicious foods and games, but also they also believe that this event exposes students to learn about one of Hispanics’ most cherished celebrations and  what it is like to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos in Latin America. 

“All MCE members would like to see all of our school’s clubs coming together to experience new things while still having fun. Everyone enjoying themselves is what’s really important,” expressed Adrian De Leon (‘25).