• The last day to buy ASB Ball tickets is February 22st. Pay the full price or make a down payment!
  • Academic support will be provided at SEA on February 24th from 9-11am.
  • Interested in law? Join the Law Day at Preuss on March 9th from 10am-12pm to explore careers in this industry.

Juniors Sell Class Shirts
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • February 21, 2024
Preuss Introduces Boys Basketball for Middle Schoolers
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • February 7, 2024
Preuss Community Falls Victim to Excessive Rainfall
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • January 31, 2024

Preuss Presents its 2023 Fall Formal

In the past, fall formal used to be a casual school dance, now it is known as the fall formal. Since the month of August, Preuss High School ASB and its committees have been meticulously organizing this year’s fall formal, debating details such as the theme, appropriate dates, the DJ, snack services, and etc.

What’s new about this year’s fall formal is its DJ and as well as ASB’s new marketing technique where they escalate the pricing. Tickets were available for purchase at the Walton Center during high school lunch from the 25th of September and ended on October 11th. Prices started at $20 and went up by $5 every week. In order to attend, scholars also had to turn in signed permission slips, which were passed out to them during their UP classes. Meanwhile, students outside of Preuss who wished to attend could purchase their tickets for $30, and their last day to purchase was Friday, October 6, 2023.

“It’s worked really, really well because instead of everyone signing up at the last minute, people want to get the cheapest price so they sign up ahead of time,” explained Mr. Carr, history teacher and high school ASB advisor.

Mr. Carr allows his students to take leadership in the planning of events, and this year, the social committee chose the theme of “House of Cards.” Students may wear the colors red, white, and black in accordance to the theme.

“Dress up! Go all out. Don’t be ‘too cool,’ ” voiced Mr. Carr.

Like every other year, the DJ will be taking song recommendations and members of ASB encourage students to fill out the Google form, which can be found here to include some of their favorite songs into this year’s fall formal!

“ I wish to see kids having a good time!” proclaims Mr. Carr.