• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

Fabian Garcia, (25) Milki Neme,(25) and Mahlet Mekasha(25) at last years JMUN conference.
JMUN Assists In Developing Stronger Skills
Julius Molina, Editorial Writer • May 6, 2024

Most freshmen at Preuss will be participating in the Junior Model United Nations (JMUN) Conference that will be held from May 29-30 at UCSD extension. ...

Jacqueline Hernandez (24), Jessica Mariano (24), and Nicole Nguyen (24) are preparing to cheer for a boys lacrosse game.
Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Fernanda Salazar
Fernanda Salazar
Media Editor

Clubs/organizations? MUN, Speech and Debate, TSUNAMI, and Finance club. Hobbies? Thrifting, hiking, and spending time with friends and family. Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like...

Angelina Abdelrahman
Angelina Abdelrahman
Editorial Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSU-NAMI (Triton Students Unite for National Alliance on Mental Illness) Club, Speech and Debate, NHS, Multicultural Club, ASB, Math Tutor, and I intern for the...

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Rock band Hobbies? → Read, sleep, and Legos Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Italy Dream job? → Lawyer

Preuss Presents its 2023 Fall Formal

In the past, fall formal used to be a casual school dance, now it is known as the fall formal. Since the month of August, Preuss High School ASB and its committees have been meticulously organizing this year’s fall formal, debating details such as the theme, appropriate dates, the DJ, snack services, and etc.

What’s new about this year’s fall formal is its DJ and as well as ASB’s new marketing technique where they escalate the pricing. Tickets were available for purchase at the Walton Center during high school lunch from the 25th of September and ended on October 11th. Prices started at $20 and went up by $5 every week. In order to attend, scholars also had to turn in signed permission slips, which were passed out to them during their UP classes. Meanwhile, students outside of Preuss who wished to attend could purchase their tickets for $30, and their last day to purchase was Friday, October 6, 2023.

“It’s worked really, really well because instead of everyone signing up at the last minute, people want to get the cheapest price so they sign up ahead of time,” explained Mr. Carr, history teacher and high school ASB advisor.

Mr. Carr allows his students to take leadership in the planning of events, and this year, the social committee chose the theme of “House of Cards.” Students may wear the colors red, white, and black in accordance to the theme.

“Dress up! Go all out. Don’t be ‘too cool,’ ” voiced Mr. Carr.

Like every other year, the DJ will be taking song recommendations and members of ASB encourage students to fill out the Google form, which can be found here to include some of their favorite songs into this year’s fall formal!

“ I wish to see kids having a good time!” proclaims Mr. Carr.