• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Summer Activities for Preuss Students

The 2023-24o school year is coming to an end, and Preuss students are excited for summer break. It has been a long year filled with schoolwork, tests, and projects. Preuss students will all have different plans for vacation and might even explore new places. Here’s a list of  activities that Preuss students can do over the summer.

• Visit distant family 

With Preuss being a culturally diverse school, many students have families in different countries around the world. Those students will have time over the summer to spend time with family and travel to another country. Students will enjoy this time to get to see family after a long and busy school year. 

Yassin Hassan (‘25) states, “Over the summer, I will go to Eritrea in east Africa to see my mom’s family and I always enjoy it.”

• Internship programs and jobs

A good number of high school students will be attending educational internships around San Diego County. Internships help students acquire new skills and are a great way to prepare for future college internships. Seniors and juniors will also work over the summer as they have jobs now to support themselves and their families.

Tristan Castro (‘25) exclaims, “I am very excited to attend the Sanford internship program, and I am looking forward to learning new skills in biology.”

• Beach outings with friends

All Preuss students will have the time to enjoy the beautiful hot summer weather over vacation. Students will now have time to enjoy the famous San Diego beaches and other ones in different states or countries.

Adrian De Leon (‘25) comments, “I will go to Cancun with my friends and family over the summer. I always go to places with the most amazing beaches in Mexico, and it is always a peaceful break after a long school year.”

• Sleeping 

Preuss students will get to enjoy summer vacation by sleeping for longer hours and having a different sleeping schedule. Students will have a lot of free time and to those students who have nothing specific to do over the summer, they can sleep as much as they want. 

Karla Gavino (‘25) states, “ I don’t think I will do much over the summer. I just want to rest and get to sleep more because I couldn’t sleep a lot while going to school.