• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

My Seven Year Journey: Final Farewell

Baby photo of Barbara Guerrero (’24).

Attending The Preuss School UCSD was a whole roller coaster. I remember coming into Preuss upset because I was leaving my old friends behind. Now, being a senior graduating soon, I am grateful that my parents applied for me to be at this school because I’ve created some of the best high school memories. 

I haven’t fully processed everything yet, as time has flown by so fast that I am in disbelief that I’ll finally be graduating this year. Being at Preuss for 7 years, surrounded with the same classmates and friends in middle school, gives me so many mixed emotions. I’m happy that I’ll be taking the next step into my life, but upset I’ll be leaving with just memories because I won’t experience this anymore.

My high school years weren’t what I expected because the class of 2024 started off  high school differently due to COVID. I practically started a normal high school year as a junior. My sophomore year wasn’t my best school year, and I took junior year as a new beginning. Although COVID changed my high school experience, I’m glad Preuss made it possible for all of us to at least experience our high school years. I was still able to enjoy field trips, activities, sports, and clubs. I mostly enjoyed playing soccer my junior year because it allowed me to be a part of a team at school. Sadly, I wasn’t able to continue my senior year playing soccer, but I loved my experience as a volleyball manager. 

I won’t be surrounded with the same people I’ve been with for 7 years, which will be an extremely odd feeling. Therefore, I will always cherish and miss the moments I’ll be laughing with my friends, bonding as a class, fun activities our grade organized, and even the school work because I know it won’t be the same in college.  

I’ll now be heading into college life at California State University San Marcos, majoring in Biology. I will be attending there for two years with a goal to transfer to San Diego State University to major in nursing. It’s really nerve wracking, but I made it this far, and I’m proud of myself and the time I’ve spent at Preuss.