• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

My Preuss Years in Review

Fernanda Salazar (24′) on her first day of kindergarden.

As my time at Preuss comes to an end, I realize just how much this school shaped who I am today. Middle school was a time of adaptation and exploration. My first few weeks at Preuss were overwhelming because of the new environment and work pace, but it didn’t take long for the school to feel like home. I quickly found my support systems at school including the counselors, my advisory teacher, and friends. The sense of community stayed with me throughout middle school and continued into my high school years. 

High school was its own journey. I continued the few extracurricular activities I started in middle school and joined others including Finance Club, Model United Nations Club, and TSUNAMI Club. It wasn’t until my junior year that I gained leadership titles in my extracurriculars inside and outside of school. These activities led me to discover my interests and dislikes, allowing me to narrow down the fields I wanted to pursue in college. My schedule quickly filled as I became more involved in my community. However, I had other focusses in high school. I dedicated an equal amount of time and effort into my academics. I challenged myself with rigorous AP courses including AP Spanish Literature, AP Art History, and AP Studio Art. The study habits I developed in middle school helped me balance my school work with my social life.

The big accomplishments are not the only memories I’ll take with me to college. It’s the small moments that I’ll cherish the most. During my seven years at Preuss, my advisory class has grown close. The countless smiles and laughs have created a bond that feels more like family rather than classmates. Some of my favorite memories are preparing for our class pet to arrive, creating our advisory merch, and practicing our airband and prom dances. 

To the current and future high schoolers, I advise you to join extracurricular activities. Allow yourself to step out of your comfort zone to discover new interests and skills. If you find yourself losing passion for an activity, don’t force yourself to continue it. Choose activities that genuinely excite you. Extracurricular activities are a great way to relieve stress and have fun. Moreover, being a part of your community helps you build strong connections that can help you later in life. 

My experiences at Preuss have prepared me for my post high school journey at UC Davis where I’ll be studying managerial economics.