• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

The Blue Line trolley approaches the UC San Diego Health La Jolla station.
Danger Increases for Preuss Students Riding the Trolley
Alexia De La Mora, Editorial Writer • April 26, 2024

At Preuss, more than half of the students use the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) as their main mode of transportation to get to...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024

Clubs/organizations? Tsunami Hobbies? Art, Skateboarded Favorite Season? Fall Place you'd like to visit? Los Angeles Dream job? Therapist  

Priscila Ambriz
Priscila Ambriz
Entertainment Writer

Senior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Reading and watching tv! Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → France Dream job? → Unsure

Marlene Rojas-Renteria
Marlene Rojas-Renteria
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Church Hobbies? → Painting, drawing, writing, and eating Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → I want to visit Japan since...

Preuss Boys’ Lacrosse Season Sets in Motion

Varsity+Preuss+lacrosse+boys+prepping+for+their+home+game.+
Barbara Guerrero
Varsity Preuss lacrosse boys’ prepping for their home game.

We all love sports and spring, and with that comes lacrosse season. Boys lacrosse started its season with a series of friendly scrimmages and had their first home game on Wednesday, February 27 at 3:15pm against Del Lago Academy.

This year’s season consists of fifteen varsity games, two scrimmages, and two Junior Varsity games. The captains are Triet Pham (attack captain), Dillon Huynh (midfield captain) and Ben Tran (defense captain). The team participated in their first friendly scrimmage at Hilltop High School, in which they only played for the 1st quarter, playing against three different teams. Their second and last scrimmage was on campus, against San Diego High School. At the end of the third quarter, the opposing team’s coach decided that he did not want his team to continue into all four quarters, ending the scrimmage.

“In scrimmages we don’t necessarily say we won two of them, lost one, or tied one,” explained Mr. Brazelton, a high school P.E. teacher and the boys lacrosse coach. “We’re just seeing what you can do against each opponent and we did well… It was a good start to the season!”

So far, the boys have been on a winning streak. In their first home game versus Del Lago Academy, the team made an epic comeback after losing by 4 points throughout the first quarter. They ended up winning 9-5. In their most recent game on February 29, they went against San Ysidro High School and performed well once again, gaining another win with the score of 9-1.

This year, the team is set on striving for success. As they were named City League Champions last year, they have the determination to reach bigger goals. While playing in the City Eastern League, they are working towards facing every challenge presented to them and making it to the playoffs.

“More importantly, our goal is to be consistent on and off the field and strive for improvement everyday,” stated Coach Brazelton.

Although this is the team’s overall goal, players such as Kevin Giang, hope that this season will make the teams bond stronger.

“One thing I hope for this season is enjoying our time together as a whole team,” expressed Kevin Giang (’25), an attack man on the team. “Spending time with each other at and outside of practice just builds our team chemistry and our bond which would correlate to us winning games.”