• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

The Blue Line trolley approaches the UC San Diego Health La Jolla station.
Danger Increases for Preuss Students Riding the Trolley
Alexia De La Mora, Editorial Writer • April 26, 2024

At Preuss, more than half of the students use the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) as their main mode of transportation to get to...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Lesly Castillo
Lesly Castillo
Editor-In-Chief

Senior Clubs/organizations? → Journalism Hobbies? → Drawing Favorite weather? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Peru Dream job? → Ultra sound tech

Ashley Lopez
Ashley Lopez
Podcaster

Clubs/organizations? Ecology Club, Multicultural, SHS, Robotics Hobbies? Listening to music  Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Dubai Dream job? N/A

Marlene Rojas-Renteria
Marlene Rojas-Renteria
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Church Hobbies? → Painting, drawing, writing, and eating Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → I want to visit Japan since...

At the start of second semester, Drama 2 and Honors Drama started to learn about the movie “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by William Shakespeare, this year’s inspiration for the main feature that will be played at the Shakespeare Film Festival. 

Shakespeare Film Festival is a yearly event in which the drama department showcases a film they have curated based on a Shakespeare story.

To start the process, the drama students started watching the movie in class. Then, Mr. Rocca, drama teacher, separated the students into groups and had them analyze the fashion, lifestyle, culture, and setting of the movie. Each aspect was assigned to a specific group. Once that step was finished, the film’s script was crafted by Mr. Rocca and Christopher Huy Pham (‘24). Finally, they gave it the name “A Midsummer in Paris.” 

Using that same script, Mr. Rocca held auditions for all the roles in the play. The major roles for this year’s play are characters: Genevieve, Florent, Angelique, and Charles. After auditions were held, roles were assigned to Hoang Le (‘25), as Florent, Chloe Sotelo (‘25), as Anqelique, Htun Naing Win (‘25), as Charles, and Abigail Aguirre (‘27), as Genevieve. 

Now that the basics have been established, the drama crew is excited to start filming, which will be in about two weeks.