• Check out the Scholastic BOGO Book Fair any day this week from 8am-3:30pm.
  • Mark your calendars for the 2024 Airband on April 19! Tickets will be sold during lunch up until the day of the event.
  • The annual Multicultural Festival will be on Saturday, April 20th at 11am. Come enjoy student performances and cultural foods!

Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Priscila Ambriz
Priscila Ambriz
Entertainment Writer

Senior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Reading and watching tv! Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → France Dream job? → Unsure

Angelina Abdelrahman
Angelina Abdelrahman
Editorial Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSU-NAMI (Triton Students Unite for National Alliance on Mental Illness) Club, Speech and Debate, NHS, Multicultural Club, ASB, Math Tutor, and I intern for the...

At the start of second semester, Drama 2 and Honors Drama started to learn about the movie “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” by William Shakespeare, this year’s inspiration for the main feature that will be played at the Shakespeare Film Festival. 

Shakespeare Film Festival is a yearly event in which the drama department showcases a film they have curated based on a Shakespeare story.

To start the process, the drama students started watching the movie in class. Then, Mr. Rocca, drama teacher, separated the students into groups and had them analyze the fashion, lifestyle, culture, and setting of the movie. Each aspect was assigned to a specific group. Once that step was finished, the film’s script was crafted by Mr. Rocca and Christopher Huy Pham (‘24). Finally, they gave it the name “A Midsummer in Paris.” 

Using that same script, Mr. Rocca held auditions for all the roles in the play. The major roles for this year’s play are characters: Genevieve, Florent, Angelique, and Charles. After auditions were held, roles were assigned to Hoang Le (‘25), as Florent, Chloe Sotelo (‘25), as Anqelique, Htun Naing Win (‘25), as Charles, and Abigail Aguirre (‘27), as Genevieve. 

Now that the basics have been established, the drama crew is excited to start filming, which will be in about two weeks.