• Come receive academic support at SEA this Saturday from 9-11am!

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024

With the 2024 Prom season around the corner, several “promposals” have occurred in the span of two weeks. This year's Prom theme will be...

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024
The Mental Health Marco mannequin welcomes people into the front office.
Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024
Rediet Neme
Rediet Neme
School News Writer

Clubs/organizations? Black student union and the ambassadors club at the club fair Hobbies? Basketball Favorite Season? Summer Place you'd like to visit? Paris and Hawaii Dream...

Priscila Ambriz
Priscila Ambriz
Entertainment Writer

Senior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Reading and watching tv! Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → France Dream job? → Unsure

Barbara Guerrero
Barbara Guerrero
Photography Editor

Clubs/organizations? Church, and Multicultural Club Hobbies? Soccer, and painting Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Paris or Greece Dream job? Nurse

Carlos Castaneda
The “Mental Health Marco” mannequin welcomes people into the front office.

As AP students reach the end of their academic curriculum, they will take the AP exam that may allow them to start university with some completed class credit already. The first week of the two-week testing period started on Monday, May 6, and will end on Friday, May 17. There are two testing times scheduled throughout the weeks, morning and afternoon.

As high school scholars take their tests throughout the next two weeks and middle school scholars take CAASPP testing, the TSUNAMI Club has taken the lead on reminding students that May is Mental Health Awareness month and to take care of their mental health. Tips on self-care can be found on the daily bulletin in the month of May, throughout campus, and through “Mental Health Marco,” the mannequin located in the front office.

Ms.Van De Vanter and the rest of the TSUNAMI Club, Preuss’ Mental Wellness club, used chalk to write words of encouragement to scholars on the pavement near the front gates in school. Messages included: “You are Beautiful”, “Keep Persevering”, “Life is tough, but so are you”, “Mental Health May”, and “You are going to be okay.”

Since AP testing is a stressful exam due to the pressure of obtaining college credit, students are nervous about the lengthy exam.

“I think I’m nervous [about AP exams] but not as much as I was in my junior and sophomore year. I feel like, now that I’ve gotten into college, I’m not as stressed out, ” expressed Nicole Nguyen (‘24).

For more Mental Health tips, stop by and see “Mental Health Marco” who shares new tips every week.