• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts

Jacqueline+Hernandez+%2824%29%2C+Jessica+Mariano+%2824%29%2C+and+Nicole+Nguyen+%2824%29+are+preparing+to+cheer+for+a+boys+lacrosse+game.+
Zetseat Damte
Jacqueline Hernandez (’24), Jessica Mariano (’24), and Nicole Nguyen (’24) are preparing to cheer for a boys’ lacrosse game.

As the new school year comes closer and the current senior cheer captains will be departing, the Preuss Cheer team presents high school cheer tryouts. Students grades 9-11 are welcome to try out and interested scholars are expected to attend the informational meeting in Ms. Garcia’s, the Cheer coaches, room in E102 on Monday, April 22nd during high school lunch. Tryouts take place next week from April 29th to May 3rd. 

Attending this meeting, interested scholars will receive their eligibility packets. 

As a sport, it is made up of difficult routines that consist of jumps, kicks, dances and chants. Tryouts are a week-long commitment filled with learning different components of cheer. From Monday to Thursday, scholars will learn kicks, jumps, and dances where they will then perform a routine with the learned-components alongside a partner in front of a panel of teachers on Friday. 

Cheer is a year round sport, making it a full-time commitment. It is a really fun way to get to meet new people and it provides the opportunity to create more memorable high school moments.  Cheer also spreads school spirit at events such as Homecoming, Airband, as well as soccer, basketball, and lacrosse games.

“My experiences have been pretty great. We’ve gone to San Bernardino (in Los Angeles for CIF) and [have] been on field trips. It was really fun and getting to meet the people on the team has been a great experience. I would recommend it,” shares Angela Gomez, a current Preuss cheerleader (‘25). 

Scholars with questions are encouraged to speak to Ms. Garcia.

Join cheer today and contribute to our school spirit! Go Tritons!