• Come receive academic support at SEA this Saturday from 9-11am!

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024

With the 2024 Prom season around the corner, several “promposals” have occurred in the span of two weeks. This year's Prom theme will be...

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024
The Mental Health Marco mannequin welcomes people into the front office.
Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Rho Kappa Hobbies? → Watching movies, Listening to music, Video games Favorite season? → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → London, England...

Rediet Neme
Rediet Neme
School News Writer

Clubs/organizations? Black student union and the ambassadors club at the club fair Hobbies? Basketball Favorite Season? Summer Place you'd like to visit? Paris and Hawaii Dream...

Marlene Rojas-Renteria
Marlene Rojas-Renteria
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Church Hobbies? → Painting, drawing, writing, and eating Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → I want to visit Japan since...

Key Club Elects New Ambassadors

Key Club
The Preuss Key Club welcomes the officers for the 2024-2025 school year.

Preuss Key Club is a service club on campus that provides members with opportunities to develop their leadership skills, serve their community, and also make meaningful connections with like-minded individuals across 16 schools in California. On March 11th, Key Club held its elections for the 2024-25 school year. Congratulations to President Mahlet Mekasha (‘25),  Secretary Ivy Khuu (‘25),  Treasurer Hermela Alem, tech editor Andy Phan, (‘25) and Vice President  Jazmine Nguyen (‘26).

The Key Club president takes on the leadership during meetings, activities, and events through communication with advisors, students, and outside organizations. They aim to enforce Key Club values which are leadership, character building, caring, and lastly, inclusiveness. As Key Club Vice President, they reach out to other organizations, help lead meetings/activities, help plan events, empower club members and more. As secretary, their job is to maintain meeting records and keep documentation of all clubs activities and projects. The treasurer is in charge of managing club finances, planning fundraisers and collecting member dues and fees. The tech editor oversees all social media platforms, maintains the school’s key club website, and reports the clubs monthly achievements. 

The current and outgoing board members are Vivian To (‘24), President; Cody Pham (‘24), Vice President; Nathan Cherinet (‘24), secretary; Nicole Nguyen (‘24), treasurer; and Anthony Mendias (‘24), tech editor. 

“I enjoyed my time as Preuss’ Key Club President and will certainly cherish the moments I’ve had together with my board members, members, and advisor!” states Vivian To (‘24). “Through my current leadership position, I’ve learned a myriad of skills regarding communication and time-management management…I’m sure that I’ll bring along these skill sets with me to college and beyond. I particularly enjoyed expanding Key Club’s community here at Preuss! Additionally meeting other members that I wouldn’t have gotten the opportunity to meet without Key Club.”

Becoming a Key Club officer allows scholars to make a greater impact on their community in ways that they wouldn’t be able to beforehand, such as raising money for the Pediatric Trauma Foundation, an organization that funds money to help children with traumatic disabilities. Not only is Key Club an encouraging environment where members look out for one another, but also is a great opportunity to meet compatible people outside of school through events such as the division spirit rally at Six Flags.

As current board members prepare to leave their position at the club and pass it on to the next, current officers give advice to upcoming officers for the 2024-2025 school year. 

“Enjoy the process and make fun memories!’ expressed outgoing President Vivian To (‘24).

The new Key Club officers are excited to lead Key Club and create strong connections with the 24-25 members who are called hippos (the Key Clubs mascot).