• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

8th Grade Scholars Prepare for Exhibition 

Excitement fills the air as June 17th approaches, marking an important day for 8th grade scholars: 8th Grade Exhibition. With eager anticipation, scholars prepare to present their academic achievements throughout the course of the year and close the chapter of their middle school journey. After this event, which will take place in between the B and C buildings,  the scholars will be escorted to the Walton center for the 8th grade ceremony and celebration of learning. 

“The purpose of the 8th grade exhibition is to showcase students’ top projects, favorite projects and the project they’re most proud of in both STEM and humanities courses,” explains Ms. Hannah, an advisory teacher of the Class of 2028.

The exhibition showcases 8th grade students’  presentations and their collaborative work.  

Scholars have contemplated strategic ways to organize and arrange their given trifolds. Presenting their work and reflecting through ICLEAR makes them think about the process of the work rather than just doing the assignment and turning it in. 

8th grade scholars’ parents, families as well as community members are all invited to this event.

Although Preuss’ includes all grades from 6-12, promotion from middle school is a big accomplishment, so the exhibition not only allows scholars to showcase their best work, but also lets them have that feel of a mini-graduation, giving them an idea of what’s to come in the next four years. 

“It makes me want to cry tears of joy,” Ms. Hannah states. “The middle school years were rough, but I am really proud of the growth they’ve had [her advisory class] and am excited for them to truly get the Preuss’ experience… which unfortunately doesn’t happen till high school.”  

Additionally, the teachers are able to see and watch their students progress to the end of the year from their accomplishments throughout the year. 

“I can’t wait to look at all the accomplishments we’ve all made these three years of middle school… and I can’t wait to continue on and go to high school,” expresses Sofia Tesfamariyam  (‘28). 

After the promotion ceremony, 8th grade scholars will be officially promoted to the next school year as  9th grade. Even though 8th  grade scholars have separate promotions from other grades, it is similar to the high awards and ceremony. This gives them a sense of maturity and an idea of high school.