• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

New+Pride+of+Preuss+member+receiving+their+awards.+

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the Preuss School UCSD : Sabrina Haji, Fabian Garcia, Kamila Ramirez, Htun Naing Win, Jenisha Semexant, Roberto Ribera Castaneda, Christian Juares, and Naomi Cherinet. 

Pride of Preuss is a group of eight rising seniors, two from each advisory class (one of each gender), who well-represent Preuss and serve as role models for scholars on campus. Scholars selected for this prestigious role share and promote The Preuss School to donors and other potential students and families. 

“Representing our school is, at times, a lot of pressure, knowing, at any point, it could get taken away if you do something that doesn’t represent what we’re supposed to be standing for,” says Nova Solan (‘24), a current member of the Pride of Preuss.“It’s been a lot of fun, and I feel like I’ve gotten closer to Dr. Steitz because of it.”  

Pride of Preuss applications were open to apply for and due on May 17, 2024, which consisted of the students name, how many community service hours they had completed,  and many more questions.

“The goal is to represent Preuss and represent the students in a positive way. We as Pride of Preuss are drug and alcohol-free to represent the morals that the students at Preuss have,” said Sabrina Haji (‘25).

Pride of Preuss students represent different aspects of Preuss. Bao Banh (‘24) and Younase Mekonnen (‘24) both play basketball and hold high positions as captains of their team. Vivian To (‘24) and Anthony Mendias (‘24) both play squash, representing another identity at Preuss. Each member of this group gets a trading card illustrating who they represent. The cards are given to the students and donors at different events.

“Each of us have different specialties; each person in Pride of Preuss is supposed to represent a different aspect of the school,”  says Solan (‘24). 

Representing Preuss and embodying the student body through leading by the Preuss Way (Kindness, Respect, Excellence)  for scholars throughout grades 6-11 in different stages of their Preuss journey aims to show them what Preuss is all about. 

“In October and November, we present to elementary schools during Red Ribbon week about why being sober is smart and the best choice for students. [We] also present to them  the goals of Preuss,” expresses Haji (‘25), “at the same time, it was encouraging other students and our peers to live smartly and safely and the best possible lives for ourselves.” 

Pride of Preuss is a great way for prospective students to know more about our school.