• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

The Blue Line trolley approaches the UC San Diego Health La Jolla station.
Danger Increases for Preuss Students Riding the Trolley
Alexia De La Mora, Editorial Writer • April 26, 2024

At Preuss, more than half of the students use the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) as their main mode of transportation to get to...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Tracy Trinh
Tracy Trinh
Podcast Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSUNAMI, Speech & Debate Hobbies? → listening to music Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → London Dream job? →...

Heaven Woldai
Heaven Woldai
Media Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → ASB, Robotics, TSUNAMI, Speech and Debate, NHS, Rho Kappa, Henna Club Hobbies? →Watching Netflix, hanging out with friends, swimming Favorite Season? →...

Hafssa Woldegiorgis
Hafssa Woldegiorgis
School News Writer

Freshman Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Painting, drawing, cooking Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Dubai and Ethiopia Dream job? →...

Preuss Students Exhibit Their Creativity At The Festival Of The Arts

Barbara Guerrero
Ms. Noorzay displays her students’ artwork in the Walton Center.

The Festival of the Arts is a chance for students to express their creativity through dancing, singing, acting, and much more. This year’s festival will take place from 5:30 p.m – 7:00 p.m on Thursday, March 14th.

Clubs that will be participating are Multicultural Club, Fashion Club, Rock Band, Garden Club, Henna Club, Crochet Club, Film Club, and Art Club. In addition, food from the PTA will be served throughout the evening.

Students auditioned for special performances that will take place on the day of the festival. 

These clubs have all begun to prepare for the festival. Preparing is a long process and each club has taken time to prepare something for this event.

“Crochet club was notified of this event well in advance, so we’ve been crocheting mini plushies for the event. I will definitely be looking towards how well our sales go but also our club president performing a dance as well!” stated Emmy Nong (‘25).

While there has been work put into this event in terms of items, there will also be performers who will play music or dance, one of these being Rockband, who have put it upon themselves to give a great performance. Their goal is to interact with new members of the club and work towards encouraging others to participate or attend the festival in other years.

“I want to represent the music department at Preuss and want to affirm that it is not ending anytime soon, despite the absence of the music teacher. I am continuing music at Preuss in honor of Dr. Hwong,” expressed Mia Rodriguez (‘25).

With The Festival of the Arts approaching, the Art club has been working hard to create decorations for the event  and look forward to seeing the final results that will be displayed for everyone to enjoy. 

“Currently, we are in the process of making the stage skirt, which is a banner that runs all across the edge of the stages. Additionally, we are making the runway that will be used for the fashion show, along with cardboard decorations that will be on the sides of the runway,” mentioned Nini Tran (‘25).

The Festival of the Arts is a time for students to have fun while enjoying the work of other students. All these clubs have dedicated their time to create a well rounded event and are looking forward to what Preuss students will think of the event as well as being hopeful to people enjoying it.