• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Begin

FIFA+announces+the+draws+for+the+World+Cup+Qualifiers.+
Zetseat Damte
FIFA announces the draws for the World Cup Qualifiers.

The Men’s FIFA World Cup qualifiers have already started for the upcoming 2026 World Cup. It will start in September and end in March of 2026 hosted in three different countries for the first time ever: Canada, The United States, and Mexico. The world’s best National soccer teams from all around the world will compete against each other from their confederations.

The FIFA World Cup qualifiers have changed, ten teams in each group will play each other and the six teams on top of the table will qualify for the 2026 World Cup. The countries that host the World Cup which are Canada, The United States, and Mexico will automatically qualify for the World Cup. The confederations are based on each Continent and there are five confederations. The confederations are CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, CAF, UEFA, and AFC. The Fifa Confederations are soccer associations that are organized by continents and there are 211 total nations competing in the whole world. The previous World Cup was held in Qatar during the winter of 2022. The 2022 World Cup was won by Argentina and legendary player Lionel Messi. There have been 22 World Cup tournaments held since the opening 1930 World Cup in Uruguay and won by Uruguay.

The FIFA World Cup qualifiers also host and showcase skills from upcoming young soccer players and world class players from the whole world. Players like Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, and Erling Haaland are playing for their respective countries and are the known players in the World Cup Qualifiers. The World Cup qualifiers have also impacted these players negatively and many players have got injured during the World Cup qualifiers.

The 2026 World Cup format has changed and 46 teams will be able to qualify. UEFA will have sixteen countries that could qualify, Conmebol will have six, CONCACAF will have six, CAF will have nine, CAF will have nine, AFC will have eight. The 2026 World Cup will be hosted and take place in big cities like Toronto, Mexico City, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Dallas, Houston, Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, and Vancouver.

The 2026 FIFA World Cup is projected to cost $3.84 billion. Tickets for the 2026 World Cup will go on sale in 2025 and you will be able to register to purchase tickets online. Tickets for the 2026 World Cup will range from $20 to $10,000 and will be priced by categories.