• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrates Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Rock band Hobbies? → Read, sleep, and Legos Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Italy Dream job? → Lawyer

Fernanda Salazar
Fernanda Salazar
Media Editor

Clubs/organizations? MUN, Speech and Debate, TSUNAMI, and Finance club. Hobbies? Thrifting, hiking, and spending time with friends and family. Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like...

Stacy Rosales
Stacy Rosales
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Art club Hobbies? → Soccer, Video Games, Drawing, Playing guitar and piano Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Japan Dream...

Mike and Abby

Barbara Guerrero
Mike & Abby box located at the front desk of the library.

Dear Mike and Abby,

Q: I am a twelfth grade student, and I am so done with school. I have been stressed over college applications and completing assignments on time. I want to make sure my college essays are the best they can be but it takes a lot of time during the day to complete other school work since I arrive home late. Because of this, my grades have recently been dropping, I want to end the semester with the best GPA I can possibly get! What should I do?

Sincerely, Worried Senior

Hello Worried Senior,

R: College applications are no joke; they require a lot of time and effort through various months in the school year. It’s important to not fall behind during this process, find the time to complete assignments and pass your classes in order to attend colleges that accept you. I recommend good time management and using resources provided inside and outside of school such as after-school tutoring, Saturday Enrichment Academy (SEA), and putting the effort in yourself to end the year successfully will help you. Teachers recognize this time, so feel free to communicate with them about your grade. This is your last year of high school ever! Make sure to finish strong and know the hard work you put in will pay off later.

Best, Mike and Abby

Q: I’m in seventh grade and I wonder how hard high school is. So far, I am passing all my classes with A’s and B’s and I hope to do the same at the high school level so I have the chance to go to a top college. I hear that Seniors already applied and know what colleges accepted them by the first semester which seems scary and a lot of work. I also would also like to know what things I can start doing now to make my future college application look amazing so my dream college can accept me. PLZ HELP

Sincerely, Future Elon Musk

Hey, Future Elon Musk

R: High school is hard, but not as hard as you think. It is important to pass all your classes but reaching for a 4.0 GPA will be essential to make your college application more competitive as you compete with students all over the world. Though having great grades is important, the people who look over your application want to know more about you as a person and how you use your time inside and outside of school. Being involved with clubs, sports, leadership, volunteering, to outside activities such as community service, summer travel programs, or working a minimum wage will all make your application stronger. Senior year is filled with valuable memories with classmates and loved ones, make sure to enjoy it while being involved in school activities and doing your best in all your classes.

Best, Mike and Abby