• The last day to buy ASB Ball tickets is February 22st. Pay the full price or make a down payment!
  • Academic support will be provided at SEA on February 24th from 9-11am.
  • Interested in law? Join the Law Day at Preuss on March 9th from 10am-12pm to explore careers in this industry.

Juniors Sell Class Shirts
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • February 21, 2024
Preuss Introduces Boys Basketball for Middle Schoolers
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • February 7, 2024
Preuss Community Falls Victim to Excessive Rainfall
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • January 31, 2024

The Preuss School UC San Diego, held its first ever middle school boys basketball tryouts on Wednesday, January 17, after school from 4:10 to 5:30pm in the Walton Center. 

All of their games are held at the Monarch Gym. The team’s head coaches are Coach Rasean Simpson and Ms.Brown, a 9th grade Ethnic Studies substitute at Preuss.

This team was formed with the purpose of giving middle school scholars with the passion of basketball an opportunity that allows them to gain experience and provide them with the preparations needed for future high school sports.

“They’re (the school) giving us a chance to express ourselves and our skills,…who we are and what we can do,” says Calab Hailemeskel (‘30) a current 6th grader trying out  for middle school basketball.

Administration is also in the process of choosing a middle school girls basketball coach, so that they can create a girls team as well. Some of the character traits coaches are looking for are hard workers and highly skilled team players who are great at following directions and collaboration.