• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrates Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Tracy Trinh
Tracy Trinh
Podcast Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSUNAMI, Speech & Debate Hobbies? → listening to music Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → London Dream job? →...

Rediet Neme
Rediet Neme
School News Writer

Clubs/organizations? Black student union and the ambassadors club at the club fair Hobbies? Basketball Favorite Season? Summer Place you'd like to visit? Paris and Hawaii Dream...

Angelina Abdelrahman
Angelina Abdelrahman
Editorial Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSU-NAMI (Triton Students Unite for National Alliance on Mental Illness) Club, Speech and Debate, NHS, Multicultural Club, ASB, Math Tutor, and I intern for the...

Preuss Introduces Boys Basketball for Middle Schoolers

The Preuss School UC San Diego, held its first ever middle school boys basketball tryouts on Wednesday, January 17, after school from 4:10 to 5:30pm in the Walton Center. 

All of their games are held at the Monarch Gym. The team’s head coaches are Coach Rasean Simpson and Ms.Brown, a 9th grade Ethnic Studies substitute at Preuss.

This team was formed with the purpose of giving middle school scholars with the passion of basketball an opportunity that allows them to gain experience and provide them with the preparations needed for future high school sports.

“They’re (the school) giving us a chance to express ourselves and our skills,…who we are and what we can do,” says Calab Hailemeskel (‘30) a current 6th grader trying out  for middle school basketball.

Administration is also in the process of choosing a middle school girls basketball coach, so that they can create a girls team as well. Some of the character traits coaches are looking for are hard workers and highly skilled team players who are great at following directions and collaboration.