Math Teacher Arias Returns To Preuss After Paternity Leave

`

Marlene Rojas, School News Writer

Integrated Math II and Sophomore advisory teacher Mr. Arias Rodriguez, revealed to his classes that he was having another baby and would be leaving for a few weeks. His last day of work was on December 16, 2022 a day before winter break. He returned to school on January 23, 2023. 

Mrs. Vlugt took over for his math classes and for his advisory class, and many of the students expressed their liking towards her but admitted to missing Mr. Arias after a while.

Over the course of his leave, Mr. Arias took care of his two children, and spent time with his partner. Although he loves children, he admits that it is tiring having two babies in the house. Despite not wanting to leave his family, he is excited to be back at school and doing what he loves.

“I am very excited to be back, I missed you guys so much and I’m very happy to be able to teach you guys again.” Said Mr. Arias.

A day before his return, he made a post on his advisory’s Google Classroom about his return and added a picture of himself holding his newborn baby. After his return, he brought a pie in order to celebrate.

“I’m happy that Mr. Arias is back and I can’t wait for my senior year to see his baby. He made a promise to us.” Said Dihanna Garcia (25’).