• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Preuss Seniors Spread Advice to Students

As seniors take their last steps before graduating, they look back on all the memories they once made, in what has been their school for so many years. After overcoming all the obstacles of senior year, such as applying to colleges and scholarships, FAFSA delays, and senioritis, they share some advice they would have liked to hear as underclassmen. 

Bao Banh (‘24) comments, “I’d say the most important thing to prioritize for someone in order to succeed academically would be academics. The environment around us isn’t as important as we think. Eventually we’ll leave and all that will be left is what we made out of it.” 

Bao Banh will be attending UC San Diego (UCSD) in the fall. He describes his journey at Preuss with having many ups and downs throughout the seven years he’s attended. He mentions he started to focus more intensely on his studies as he approached high school and how distracting the environment around students may be.

On the contrary, some students love to surround themselves with other students, and indulge themselves in the environment inside and outside the Preuss community.

Diego Garcia Barrera (‘24) states, “My favorite thing of my high school experience was getting to spend it with some really cool people!” He continues, “Some advice I’d give to younger students would be to take advantage of all opportunities, not only the academic ones, but the social ones as well. After all, we only get to live our high school life once.”

Diego Garcia Barreara has attended Preuss since sixth grade as well. During this time, he’s loved being part of clubs, spending time with his friends, and getting the opportunity to meet new people. He continued his passion of helping others by being involved in community service events organized by Preuss and spending time with his peers at the same time. Yet, he is not the only student who furthered their passion at Preuss clubs and events,

Arely Gomez (‘24) declares, “I have a great love for my heritage and singing and joining the multicultural club has given me the opportunity to combine both and showcase them as well.” She continues,  “I’d advise younger students to get involved and spend time doing what they most love.”

Arely Gomez is a senior who also loves to take advantage of extracurriculars, and is also planning on attending UCSD this fall. She has always valued her personal interests and put them before anything else. She shares that she would advise younger students to join clubs that may seem interesting, or in which they could showcase their talents and capabilities. Also, she mentions taking care of one’s mental health is important to succeed academically and in life, to which other seniors agree as well. 

Daniela Aguirre Ambario (‘24) comments, “I’d say, what’s kept me in one piece as a senior, would be going on walks by myself and reflecting on whatever’s going on. If I could give any advice to younger students, I’d say to make time for everything. Sometimes our soul needs some peace and quiet.”

Daniela will continue prospering as a Triton in the fall at UCSD. She values all the time she’s spent at the Preuss School UCSD. She makes time for everything including family, hanging out with friends, and her alone time as well.

As seniors enter a new chapter in their lives, their wisdom and life experiences from Preuss aim to help future generations of Preuss students or any student at all, not only educationally, but in life.