• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Preuss Meets the Met Gala: Prom Edition

Met gala themed prom 2024

Ending the 2023-2024 school year, The Preuss School held its senior prom at The Abbey on May 25th, 2024, from 6:00 to 10:00 pm. This year’s prom them was Met Gala: Prom. 

Senior Class President Vivian To (’24) stated, “The Met Gala [has been] our prom theme since my Junior year. We saw seniors as the ‘celebrities’ of high school and wanted them to feel that way.” 

Since the chosen prom theme was the Met Gala, the venue, The Abbey, was decorated to recreate Met Gala experiences. The Abbey’s entrance had two long pillars with an elegant roof nest in between, and on the floor, a red carpet where students, teachers, and guests could take photos. ASB juniors who helped as volunteers took pictures of people and acted as paparazzi, letting seniors feel like celebrities.

Entering prom, students were welcomed with refreshers and chose tables to sit at. From 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm, students could use the 360 photo booth or standard photo booth and take photos with their advisory classes in their advisory exhibits. Each advisory exhibit had something that represented each class and was placed into a display case to mimic the Met Museum, where the Met Gala is held.

“Even though I’m in Mrs. Petraglia’s class, I love how Mrs. V’s class’s energy was hyped the whole night, especially after watching them in their advisory exhibit screaming and hyping each other up. It really brought a bigger bond for the class of 2024 because other advisories did the same thing after,” William Siratana (’24) stated. 

After 7:00 pm, dinner was served buffet style; the options were salad, bread, macaroni and cheese, and chicken and short ribs for the main courses. At 7:30, the DJ started playing the music even louder and changed the style of songs to get students to enter the dance floor.

“My friends threw me up in the air, and I felt like I was flying. The dance floor was the best part of the night, and the DJ made sure to keep us there”, Diego Garcia Barrera (’24) stated.

The class of 2024 came together on the dance floor, mainly when the DJ played typical dance songs like the “Cha Cha Slide” and the “Cupid Shuffle.” But another song surprised the class. Dr. Weber’s advisory planned a “flash mob” and choreographed a dance for “DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love” by Usher. Earlier that night, Dr.Weber’s and Mr. Garner’s calculus class got on the dance floor and did a square dance to “Man, I Feel Like a Woman” by Shania Twain. The senior class filled the dance floor with many surprises.

Overall, seniors and ASB were thrilled with the outcome, especially for those who won prom royalty, Daniella Aguirre (’24) and Issachar Cortez (’24). 

“I’m so grateful for my senior class, and I’m even more surprised that I won prom royalty. Prom was definitely the best event of my senior year,”Aguirre expressed (’24).