The First Ever Middle School Field Day

Diego Albarran, School News Writer

The Preuss School UC San Diego will have its first Middle School Field Day this March 25, 2022 from 11:20 AM – 4:00 PM at the Preuss Manchester Field. Middle School students, teachers, and staff will participate in fun activities organized by ASB .

ASB member Izachar Cortez(24’) states, “I think this year’s middle school ASB will be very fun for students because we have new activities planned. ”

Some activities that will happen are Sponge and Bucket Relay which consist of each team getting a small empty bucket, a large sponge and running back and forth. On “Go,” one player from each team absorbs as much water as they can into a sponge, carries it to another bucket, squeezes out the water, then returns to pass the sponge to the next player. The team that fills their empty bucket with water wins.

To give more insight, a Middle School Field day is a fun-filled springtime event held in many schools across the country. A field day gives middle school students, teachers, and staff the chance to celebrate the school year coming to an end and spend a day being active with peers.

Another activity planned is the infamous Tug of War where a group of two teams test their strength by pulling against each other on opposite ends of a rope and the team that falls or gets pulled to the other team’s side loses. This game requires teamwork and overall strength. Bean Bag race and Kickball will also be activities played.

Middle School student participating in this event Kenny Perez(26’) comments, “It’s going to be a fun day because i’m.excited to play games with my friends and have a good time. ”

Altogether, The Middle School Field Day will be a fun and exciting event for middle school students to remember and enjoy with their peers.