Senior Spotlight: Diego Stanion

Barbara Guerrero

Diego Stainon (’23)

Carlos Castaneda, School News Writer

Diego Stanion (‘23) is an outstanding senior at Preuss having joined this year. He was a basketball player for the varsity team and had a 4.0 GPA in his senior year.

What college will you be attending?
“I will be attending San Diego City College in which I will be trying to transfer to UCSD or a CSU after I receive my Associate’s Degree.”

What will you be majoring in and what made you choose that major?
“I’m either going to be majoring in Kinesiology and Sports Medicine or Biology in Biological Sciences. What made me choose those majors is that I’m passionate to learn more about the body and the way living organisms function.”

Who has been a role model for you?
“Two of my biggest role models I would say are my mother and Jesus Christ, amen.”

What is a highlight from your senior year?
“One of my biggest highlights is being able to learn as much as possible about myself. Specifically, I found out how to fully meditate about concepts that I fully learned.”

What advice would you give for students entering high school?
“The advice I would give to students entering high school would consist of seeking to be the better version of themselves on a daily basis as well as choosing people who are going to influence them to do what they’re passionate about. Choosing people have the same goals and ambitions as they, and if they don’t then to create some. Like Martin Luther King said, ‘A man who doesn’t stand for anything will fall for everything’ ”

What would your 6th grade self think about yourself right now?
“I believe if my 6th grade self met my current self would be very happy knowing that his future self was able to accomplish many things and he was able to eagerly learn anything and everything that was taught to him.”

What advice would you give to upcoming seniors?
“For my upcoming seniors… make good use of their time and cut out any distractions.”