• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

The Blue Line trolley approaches the UC San Diego Health La Jolla station.
Danger Increases for Preuss Students Riding the Trolley
Alexia De La Mora, Editorial Writer • April 26, 2024

At Preuss, more than half of the students use the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) as their main mode of transportation to get to...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Diego Albarran
Diego Albarran
Entertainment Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → Varsity Soccer Team, Ecology Club, San Diego Food Bank and Father Joe's Village Hobbies? → Soccer, Drawing, Watching movies Favorite Season? →...

Barbara Guerrero
Barbara Guerrero
Photography Editor

Clubs/organizations? Church, and Multicultural Club Hobbies? Soccer, and painting Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Paris or Greece Dream job? Nurse

Junior  Clubs/organizations? → Interact and Dreamers Hobbies? → Baseball, Cooking, and Videogames Favorite Season? → Spring Place you'd like to visit? → Globe Life...

Major League Soccer Season Kicks off

Barbara Guerrero
Preuss athlete practicing for their upcoming game.

The new awaited Major League Soccer (MLS) season began on February 21, 2024. The opening game, held at Chase Stadium between Inter Miami CF against Real Salt Lake, ended with a a 2-0 victory for Inter Miami CF.  Here’s the information for the upcoming MLS season for students and their families to watch at home. 

The MLS season can be watched through the MLS season pass on Apple TV and allows people to watch from more than 100 countries through Apple TV and streaming devices. Season games will also be available for students to watch on FOX TV by streaming thirty matches during the regular season. As of today, The MLS has broadcasted twenty eight matches on Apple TV.

This soccer league has 29 soccer clubs all over the United States in two conferences, which are separated by eastern and western conferences. It is the highest level league in American and Canadian soccer and started in 1996 after the U.S hosted the 1994 FIFA World Cup. The MLS was only represented by ten clubs and gained popularity after 2015 by having twelve new teams join the league. The newest soccer team is San Diego FC which will debut in the league in 2025. The MLS also represents the most diverse and youth players pool league in the world which inspires young players in high school to have a chance to compete with players from 81 countries around the world and across six continents.

Adrian De Leon (25’) states, “I predict that the Los Angeles Football Club will win the 2024 MLS season, but Lionel Messi also has a chance of winning the league.”

Inter Miami’s signing of international soccer star Lionel Messi in 2023 has impacted the league greatly. On Lionel Messi’s first game, the MLS season pass had more than 100,000 new subscribers and became the highest paid player in the league’s history with a $20.4 million record salary. The MLS soccer league has become one of the biggest in the world after Lionel Messi joined Inter Miami and now averages more than one million viewers for the biggest matchups during the season on Apple TV. 

If you are interested in watching the 2024 MLS Soccer season, make sure to subscribe to the Apple TV seasonal pass or sign up for Apple TV to get two months of free games to watch.