• Come receive academic support at SEA this Saturday from 9-11am!

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024

With the 2024 Prom season around the corner, several “promposals” have occurred in the span of two weeks. This year's Prom theme will be...

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024
The Mental Health Marco mannequin welcomes people into the front office.
Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024

Clubs/organizations? Tsu nami Hobbies? Art Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Bora Bora Dream job? Art teacher

Ashley Lopez
Ashley Lopez
Podcaster

Clubs/organizations? Ecology Club, Multicultural, SHS, Robotics Hobbies? Listening to music  Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Dubai Dream job? N/A

freshman  Clubs/organizations? →Henna club and volleyball club Hobbies? → Doing my makeup Favorite season → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → Zanzibar Dream job? →Pediatrician...

U.S Women’s Soccer Wins Gold Cup

Barbara Guerrero
U.S Woman’s soccer team wins the gold cup after match with Brazil.

On March 10, 2024, the U.S Women’s Soccer Team lifted the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) Women’s World Cup trophy on a beautiful evening at San Diego’s Snapdragon Stadium. They competed hard against Brazil’s Women’s National Soccer Team with a final score of 1-0. 

Ruben Chavez (24’) states, “I enjoyed watching the game with my family because I love playing soccer and there’s not many times where soccer games like these happen in San Diego. I was surprised by the amount of people that went; the stadium was almost full. ” 

According to the official U.S Soccer Team website, 31,528 fans attended this exciting event. To give insight, Snapdragon Stadium holds a capacity of 35,000 seats. As fans cheered on, the difference maker was the U.S team captain Lindsey Horan who scored a goal in the final moments of the first half. This was enough for the U.S women’s team to remain victorious through the second half of the game, marking the fifteenth all time championship title for the U.S Women’s Soccer Team. 

Leslye Morales (24’) comments, “It was super fun seeing the U.S women’s team win. I had a great time seeing the players receive their awards and celebrate together in the confetti. I was worried at the end because Brazil was close to score but luckily didn’t.”

In the final moments of the match, Brazil was uncomfortably close to scoring, leaving U.S fans worried while Brazil fans were filled with hope. As the referee blew the ending game whistle, thousands of fans were cheering and able to experience both teams receiving their tournament medals and individual awards after the game. On behalf of the U.S team, forward Jadeyn Shaw received the Golden Ball award by being the best player of the tournament. Goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher received the Golden Glove as the best goalkeeper of the tournament. 

Overall, the U.S Women’s Soccer Team’s victory at the CONCACAF Women’s World Cup has left fans thrilled and content. Students of the Preuss School UC San Diego were able to experience this historic game led by captain Lindsey Horan’s decisive goal. With growing enthusiasm for women’s soccer and upcoming sport events in SnapDragon Stadium, be aware of future events showcasing the talent and dedication of professional athletes in all sports.