• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

ASB Bonds One Last Time   

ASB seniors at the ASB banquet.

Every year, the high school ASB class hosts the ASB banquet to honor the seniors in ASB. This year’s ASB banquet was held on Monday, June 3rd from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, at the Buffet House in Chula Vista. ASB followed a dress code where seniors wore attire that related to a Met Gala after-party, while the rest of the class wore monochromatic black clothing. 

The main activity during the banquet was awarding each senior with a celebrity figure that they resembled. 

“Mary, for instance, was Addison Rae, Heaven was Bill Nye, Alejandra was Snoopy because of her personality, Nova was Lin-Manual Miranda, Eden was Niki Minaj, Kathy was Abby Lee Miller, Nicole was Taylor Swift, Amayrani and Jansely were Thing One and Thing Two, Kevin was King Julian (from the Madagascar movie), Antonio was Maurice (King Julian’s sidekick), Angelina was Gordon Ramsey, and I was Ryan Seacrest,” Anthony Mendias (‘24) explained.

To further explain the resemblance between the senior and the celebrity, Heaven is going off to Harvard aiming to become a bioengineer, so they awarded her with Bill Nye. Nova is a “theater legend” resulting in her resembling Lin-Manual Miranda who is a filmmaker, singer, and actor. Amayrani and Jansely are very close friends, so they were Thing One and Thing Two. The juniors planned the event and decided to give out these awards because the senior’s year was based on celebrities so they wanted to keep that theme. 

The presentation of the awards was such a big part of the night because not only did it make everyone laugh and enjoy themselves but it also allowed people to bond. 

“We laughed the most when Kathy was awarded Abbey Lee Miller because we were thinking about Kathy being in a wheelchair and yelling at everyone. The second funniest moment was when Nova was awarded as Lin-Manual Miranda because it’s just so accurate,” describes Anthony Mendias (’24)

Even with all of the laughs, this is the last major ASB event that all of ASB is attending, so it was an emotional moment for everyone. 

“It was so fun to see everyone sitting together,” states Jenisha Semexant, (‘25), a student who helped plan the banquet. “I was sitting looking at you guys and it made me emotional because it was the last time I saw everyone sitting together with Mr. Carr. Even when you guys walked in together, that might not happen again.” 

The ASB banquet is an important event for all ASB members because not only is everyone having fun with the awards and enjoying good food but also is a time to bond one last time with the seniors.