• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

Fabian Garcia, (25) Milki Neme,(25) and Mahlet Mekasha(25) at last years JMUN conference.
JMUN Assists In Developing Stronger Skills
Julius Molina, Editorial Writer • May 6, 2024

Most freshmen at Preuss will be participating in the Junior Model United Nations (JMUN) Conference that will be held from May 29-30 at UCSD extension. ...

Jacqueline Hernandez (24), Jessica Mariano (24), and Nicole Nguyen (24) are preparing to cheer for a boys lacrosse game.
Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Rock band Hobbies? → Read, sleep, and Legos Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Italy Dream job? → Lawyer

freshman  Clubs/organizations? →Henna club and volleyball club Hobbies? → Doing my makeup Favorite season → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → Zanzibar Dream job? →Pediatrician...

Stacy Rosales
Stacy Rosales
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Art club Hobbies? → Soccer, Video Games, Drawing, Playing guitar and piano Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Japan Dream...

Top 5 Activities To Do in San Diego

Angelina Abdelrahman
View of La Jolla Cove in San Diego, California.

After hardships and long hours of studying, students are always eager for the upcoming three day weekend to honor Memorial day, which will take place from May 25th to May 27th. Students have a variety of options to pick from when deciding how to spend their time, which include outdoor activities, arts and crafts and learning new hobbies. Here’s a list of the best five activities students should participate in during weekends:

1. Have a Picnic

San Diego has over 400 beautiful parks all across the county such as Balboa Park, Civita Park, Sunset Cliffs Natural Park and many more. According to the US National Park Service, visiting the park for a minimum of thirty minutes helps “improve heart health, circulation and can lower cholesterol, blood glucose and blood pressure.” Picnics are not only a healthy way to spend time, but are also very affordable. Based on my prior experience, an average picnic consists of sandwiches, pies, fruits and other appetizers, which ultimately costs less than $50 for two people.

2. Visit an Amusement Park 

One of the biggest perks of living in San Diego are all the amusement parks that surround us, which include, Sea World, The San Diego Zoo and Safari Park, Sesame Place, and Belmont Park. We are less than an hour and a half away from Disneyland, Legoland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios and Six Flags. Although amusement parks may pass our budget, students can attend upcoming fairs, such as the San Diego County Fair from June 12 to July 7. 

3. Go Camping

Being surrounded by nothing but nature is a sensational experience that words cannot describe, which is why I believe it’s crucial for teens to experience going camping at least once in their youth. Whether it’s spending the night in a tent or RV, camping gives teens the opportunity to disconnect with their everyday routine and focus on themselves, while spending time in nature. Some of the best places to camp include San Diego Canyon Creek, Splitrock Farm and Retreat, Campo Nopalito and my personal favorite, Ma Tar Awa Viejas Camper Park due to its peacefulness and simplicity. 

4. Explore Museums 

There are more than ninety museums and galleries in San Diego, and over 1,500 art pieces, each with a different historic story. The average cost for museum tickets in San Diego varies between $10 and $20, which I believe is worth it for the educational experience. Recently the Van Gogh museum has reopened in January 2024, and has become very popular among social media. Some of the Museums in San Diego include, Museum of Photographic Arts, Natural History Museum, The San Diego Museum of Art and many more. I believe students might be interested in this activity since museums in San Diego traditionally include historic artifacts of the people who lived here before us. 

5. Make a Bonfire

Nothing beats feeling the ocean breeze blow through your hair, and what better way to, then in gathering around a bonfire while sharing stories and making lifelong memories. There are over thirty beaches all along San Diego, which have fire pits such as Tecolote Shores or Mission Beach. Recently, beaches in La Jolla such as La Jolla Cove allow families to bring propane tanks to cook meals at the beach. This allows students and their families to enjoy the peace of being gathered around fire and spending time with one another.