• The last day to buy ASB Ball tickets is February 22st. Pay the full price or make a down payment!
  • Academic support will be provided at SEA on February 24th from 9-11am.
  • Interested in law? Join the Law Day at Preuss on March 9th from 10am-12pm to explore careers in this industry.

Juniors Sell Class Shirts
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • February 21, 2024
Preuss Introduces Boys Basketball for Middle Schoolers
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • February 7, 2024
Preuss Community Falls Victim to Excessive Rainfall
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • January 31, 2024

Upcoming Concerts in San Diego 2024

The new year will bring many music artists to San Diego, such as PinkPantheress, Destroy Boys, and Blink-182 to perform across San Diego County. These artists vary from musical genres, up and coming artists, famous to underground artists. Here is a list of concert dates beginning this April through the end of the school year.  

PinkPantheress: Observatory North Park, April 28th 

Rising Hip-Pop idol PinkPantheress has officially announced her first ever arrival to San Diego inside the Observatory North Park venue on April 28th from 7:30pm-11:30pm. Her tour name is “Capable of Love” and a brief summary of her journey entering the music-industry is that her song “Boy’s a Liar Pt.2” featuring artist Ice Spice went viral on the media platform Tiktok which popularized her song at a global level. Her song was incorporated into a dance in which two individuals danced off to the catchy lyrics of this song and her musical career has skyrocketed ever since. I would recommend this artist to people who already listen to the similar Hip-Pop genres of Ice spice, Kali Uchis, or SZA. 

Destroy Boys: Gallagher Square, June 9th

My personal favorite underground band Destroy Boys has recently announced their 2024 tour dates and happen to be performing inside San Diego’s Gallagher Square at Petco Park Stadium this June 9th at 6pm. The band’s tour will be performing amongst other amazing artists who are widely known from the social media platform Tiktok. The band lineup of the Petco Park tour starts with bands, Mother Mother, Cavetown, and lastly Destroy Boys. A brief summary of the band is that it formed in 2015 and the band is widely influenced by the riot grrrl scene from the 90’s. The band itself has an angsty teen sound to it. Their most popular songs that gained them their fame and I recommend “Vixen,” “Crybaby,” and “Fences.” I would recommend this band to people who enjoy listening to bands such as Hole, Sonic Youth, and Dazey and The Scouts.

Blink-182: Gallagher Square, June 30

This alternative rock band has announced their arrival to San Diego’s Gallagher Square at Petco Park Stadium on June 30 from 7pm- 11pm. To give insight, this band is recognized for their iconic popular songs that gained popularity from  young people from the 90’s. The last time this band played in San Diego was the summer of 2023, this year their said music list will have songs varying from “Anthem Part Two,” “The Rock Show,”  “All the Small Things,” and more iconic songs. I would highly recommend this band to people who like the different varieties of rock genres from Green Day, Sum 41, or Simple Plan.

Out of all the bands/artists I have displayed for this upcoming year, which one are you interested or looking forward to attending?