• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

Fabian Garcia, (25) Milki Neme,(25) and Mahlet Mekasha(25) at last years JMUN conference.
JMUN Assists In Developing Stronger Skills
Julius Molina, Editorial Writer • May 6, 2024

Most freshmen at Preuss will be participating in the Junior Model United Nations (JMUN) Conference that will be held from May 29-30 at UCSD extension. ...

Jacqueline Hernandez (24), Jessica Mariano (24), and Nicole Nguyen (24) are preparing to cheer for a boys lacrosse game.
Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Alexia De La Mora
Alexia De La Mora
Editorial Writer

Clubs/organizations? Fashion Club, Rock Band Hobbies? Skating, Volleyball Favorite Season? Fall Place you'd like to visit? Bali or Italy Dream job? Fashion designer or a Interior...

Lesly Castillo
Lesly Castillo
Editor-In-Chief

Senior Clubs/organizations? → Journalism Hobbies? → Drawing Favorite weather? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Peru Dream job? → Ultra sound tech

Rediet Neme
Rediet Neme
School News Writer

Clubs/organizations? Black student union and the ambassadors club at the club fair Hobbies? Basketball Favorite Season? Summer Place you'd like to visit? Paris and Hawaii Dream...

Preuss Seniors Begin UC Submissions

Eden+Fente+%2824%29%2C+Anali+Centeno+%2824%29%2C+and+Karim+Berdeja+%2824%29+all+submitted+their+UC+applications+during+UC+submit+week.+Heres+them+posing+with+their+You+Did+It%21+stickers.+
Anthony Mendias (’24)
Eden Fente (’24), Anali Centeno (’24), and Karim Berdeja (’24) all submitted their UC applications during UC submit week. Here’s them posing with their “You Did It!” stickers.

Seniors will begin their UC Submissions starting November 15th and ending on November 17th. During these days, seniors will meet with their advisory teachers outside of class to review their applications and take a step towards college, with the process taking 7 years to reach.

“Seniors are supposed to be working on their applications throughout October-November. On the day of applications they have a 30 minute appointment to go with their advisory teacher and review their applications. Inevitably what happens is that this doesn’t get done in one day,” states college advisor Ms. Bandy

Having 30 minutes to meet with their advisory teachers, seniors are expected to have answered short answer questions referred to as PIQS (Personal Insight Questions) when applying to UC’s. They also are required to submit their grade point average from all 4 years with exceptions of higher math or spanish classes that were taken in middle school. However, having guidance from their advisory teachers has taken off some stress and allowed students to be able to decide which universities they want to apply to.

“I am looking forward to finishing my applications because once I finish applying for UC’s most of my stress in senior year will end. In applying, I’ve chosen to apply to UC Berkeley, UCSD, UCR, and UC Merced,” expressed Dillon Huynh (‘24).

While some students tend to feel relieved when applying, others begin to stress. Senior advisory teachers are advising students to prepare their applications earlier in order to have a smooth process. Although, most feel this is both a stressful and exciting time of the year as it will lead seniors towards a better future.

“In my opinion, I don’t think that this whole process should be overwhelming, if you know how to organize yourself with school work, activities, applications, etc. What I recommend is find your balance, and never stop dreaming,” suggested Arely Gomez Hernandez (‘24).