• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Preuss Seniors Begin UC Submissions

Eden+Fente+%2824%29%2C+Anali+Centeno+%2824%29%2C+and+Karim+Berdeja+%2824%29+all+submitted+their+UC+applications+during+UC+submit+week.+Heres+them+posing+with+their+You+Did+It%21+stickers.+
Anthony Mendias (’24)
Eden Fente (’24), Anali Centeno (’24), and Karim Berdeja (’24) all submitted their UC applications during UC submit week. Here’s them posing with their “You Did It!” stickers.

Seniors will begin their UC Submissions starting November 15th and ending on November 17th. During these days, seniors will meet with their advisory teachers outside of class to review their applications and take a step towards college, with the process taking 7 years to reach.

“Seniors are supposed to be working on their applications throughout October-November. On the day of applications they have a 30 minute appointment to go with their advisory teacher and review their applications. Inevitably what happens is that this doesn’t get done in one day,” states college advisor Ms. Bandy

Having 30 minutes to meet with their advisory teachers, seniors are expected to have answered short answer questions referred to as PIQS (Personal Insight Questions) when applying to UC’s. They also are required to submit their grade point average from all 4 years with exceptions of higher math or spanish classes that were taken in middle school. However, having guidance from their advisory teachers has taken off some stress and allowed students to be able to decide which universities they want to apply to.

“I am looking forward to finishing my applications because once I finish applying for UC’s most of my stress in senior year will end. In applying, I’ve chosen to apply to UC Berkeley, UCSD, UCR, and UC Merced,” expressed Dillon Huynh (‘24).

While some students tend to feel relieved when applying, others begin to stress. Senior advisory teachers are advising students to prepare their applications earlier in order to have a smooth process. Although, most feel this is both a stressful and exciting time of the year as it will lead seniors towards a better future.

“In my opinion, I don’t think that this whole process should be overwhelming, if you know how to organize yourself with school work, activities, applications, etc. What I recommend is find your balance, and never stop dreaming,” suggested Arely Gomez Hernandez (‘24).