• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Senior Spotlight: Yaret Bolaños

The 2023-2024 school year  is about to end;  that means that the Class of 2024 is about to graduate. They are flying out of the nest that is the Preuss School and flying into the sky of hope and fulfilled dreams without a concrete plan, but a skeleton plan for the future. Yaret Bolaños is one of those seniors who is graduating this year. 

Her barebone plans are to attend Southwestern Community College with a major in international business. This is her plan because she was surrounded by businesses in her personal life. It also fits into her budget for colleges. However, she has not decided on her minor. Her plan after community college is to become a business leader in the real estate field. Other than that, Yaret Bolaños’s alternative plan is to become a pilot in the Air Force military.

She is currently a part of Journalism in the entertainment section as a writer. During her first year as a writer, she has written eleven articles that are mainly focused on two sections of entertainment: songs and movies.

Along with journalism, she had to juggle her free time, school time, social life, and her work hours. These types of activities have produced a lot of stress. There are many ways to relieve stress and then motivate themselves, but Yaret Bolaños’s personal way to do this is through the power of music.

During the Covid-19 pandemic, the quarantine resulted in Zoom calls for learning during the school year. This period was a significant hindrance for all of the students throughout all of the grades. However, this group of seniors including Yaret lost their entire 9th grade experience. This period was the transition from a middle school mentality to a more high school focused mentality. This produced a period of slack and lack of focus that was imposed upon middle school behavior. This was Yaret Bolaños main motive to change her behavior and focus she did to make sure that she succeeded. She wishes that she was much more focused on schoolwork during Covid. 

Bolanos’s experiences at the Preuss School along with the resources that were provided helped her curb and improve upon the drop in productivity. This created a much more enjoyable time during her personal high school experience. The experience was heightened due to the friends that were made throughout her stay at Preuss. These friends are her main motivation along with being her support system that helped her bounce back and stay focused on the activities like senior exhibition, the research paper, and the future of graduation during school years.

Yaret Bolaños is a senior who has spent six school years as a member of the Preuss community. During this period she has experienced much during her stay at the Preuss School and has improved into a respectable senior that is graduating. After her graduation, she will walk further down her path to her dream. We hope that she succeeds in her goals with her excellence that was honed throughout her tenure at the community of the Preuss School.