• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

The Blue Line trolley approaches the UC San Diego Health La Jolla station.
Danger Increases for Preuss Students Riding the Trolley
Alexia De La Mora, Editorial Writer • April 26, 2024

At Preuss, more than half of the students use the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) as their main mode of transportation to get to...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Heaven Woldai
Heaven Woldai
Media Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → ASB, Robotics, TSUNAMI, Speech and Debate, NHS, Rho Kappa, Henna Club Hobbies? →Watching Netflix, hanging out with friends, swimming Favorite Season? →...

Fernanda Salazar
Fernanda Salazar
Media Editor

Clubs/organizations? MUN, Speech and Debate, TSUNAMI, and Finance club. Hobbies? Thrifting, hiking, and spending time with friends and family. Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like...

Vy Thai
Vy Thai
Editor-In-Chief

Clubs/organizations? → Interact Club, Science Olympiad, Access Youth Academy, Sharp Grossmont Hospital Hobbies? → Baking, biking, swimming at the beach, hanging out with friends Favorite...

Manchester Field Undergoes Oil Spill

Andre Gurrola-Rivera
Caution sign found near the Manchester Field.

On Wednesday, January 17, 2024, Preuss students arrived at school to find half of the Manchester Field closed off with rope due to an unexpected oil spill, caused by a leak on one of the lawn cutting devices the school utilizes to upkeep its grass. 

Due to half of the field being closed off to the staff and students for about a week, our P.E. and athletics courses were affected in that it took away the space P.E. students and athletes could have used to practice and exercise on.

“There were many students upset over the closed off field, even staff too, like the PE teachers. One insisted that they should still be able to have their students play because it was “only a little spill, ”stated Mr. Michael Artinian, aka Mr. Mike, our campus supervisor.