2022 AirBand Impresses Student Body

Jasmine Mejia, Editorial Writer

Airband took place on April 8th, 2022 in the school Walton Center from six to eight p.m. The theme for Airband was Unmuted which referred to a feature on Zoom since classes had been through Zoom for more than a year due to the pandemic.

The Airband hosts were seniors, Anthony Perez and Miguel Tolentino, who did a great job in capturing the audience’s attention in between every performance.

Airband started with the ASB Act and then with senior Jenny Giang with her dancing and rapping. Airband continued with the third act which had six seniors dancing to “Signal” by Twice. The performance was short and sweet and the song was extremely catchy. Following them, Richard Doan sang “Impossible” by Shontelle. He showed off his singing skills hitting some higher notes in the song which impressed and captivated the audience.

The Squash Act came next which was a dance performance that was very well rehearsed. Two sophomores followed and sang “Love is an Open Door” from Frozen in Spanish which was different than the other singing performances that night. It was impressive since they had to hit a lot of high notes which are difficult for most people to get right.

Ms. V’s advisory came next and they danced to a remix which was good. Afterwards, there were three piano performances each portraying their own unique skills. The dancing performance by five juniors and one sophomore was lively since it was very well rehearsed and really high energy. The cheerleaders had a short performance.

Frida Acevedo’s performance of “Hopelessly Devoted to You” by Olivia Newton was a sweet surprise and kept the audience engaged. Her voice was soothing and beautiful which enhanced her performance.

Lastly, Airband ended with the Senior act and the Teachers act, the best performances of the night since they fascinated the audience with their funny and energetic performances.

Word Count: 312