• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrates Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Carlos Castaneda
Carlos Castaneda
Photographer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → none Hobbies? → Video Games Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Cabo Dream job? → N/A

Rediet Neme
Rediet Neme
School News Writer

Clubs/organizations? Black student union and the ambassadors club at the club fair Hobbies? Basketball Favorite Season? Summer Place you'd like to visit? Paris and Hawaii Dream...

Clubs/organizations? Tsu nami Hobbies? Art Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Bora Bora Dream job? Art teacher

“Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom” Movie Review

The 2024 Aquaman movie is now in theaters.

Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom premiered on December 22, 2023, starring  Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, and Patrick Wilson. The film is based on the DC Comic version of “Aquaman” produced by DC Studios and distributed by Warner Bros Pictures.  

The film is based on an underwater world called Atlantis, in which Aquaman is the ruler. The plot of the movie was primarily about the villain, Black Manta, and his objective to obtain a very powerful mythic black trident, which would release a huge army of malicious, evil minded soldiers. With no other alternatives, Aquaman allies with his half brother Orm, to fight and protect their kingdom from being destroyed.

After hearing the announcement of the new Aquaman movie, I knew I wanted to watch it. Due to my prior research, I believed the movie was going to be awful and would not live up to the first movie’s expectations. Overall, I rate the movie a 7/10 since the plot itself seemed pretty vague, nothing out of the ordinary.  

Jason Momoa, the protagonist of the movie, did a noteworthy job  portraying his character and bringing him to life.  He illustrated his character’s emotion; the audience could feel his passion for both the movie and character.    As the film progressed, he continued to portray the courageous noble hero he was meant to play. Yahya Abdul- Mateen II plays the villain of the story, Black Manta, and while doing so did a phenomenal job portraying the malefactor villain he was. 

The film had  one of the most exciting openings without a doubt.  As the plot became more tense, so did the music, containing long pauses in which the audience could not tell what was going to happen next.  The setting and shooting angles  captured the essence of the movie and  portrayed how hard Warner Bros. worked.  For example, when a  character had a particular emotion, the angle would only capture the character’s facial expressions and mannerisms. 

Another big aspect of the movie that helped it look put together was the computer generated imagery (CGI).  Like in most superhero movies, CGI plays a big role because it makes the writers’ unnatural script come to life, without the ordinary stunts. To me, the CGI played the biggest role due to the fact most of the movie took place underwater.  Overall I recommend this movie to anyone interested in most superhero movies.