• Check out the Scholastic BOGO Book Fair any day this week from 8am-3:30pm.
  • Mark your calendars for the 2024 Airband on April 19! Tickets will be sold during lunch up until the day of the event.
  • The annual Multicultural Festival will be on Saturday, April 20th at 11am. Come enjoy student performances and cultural foods!

Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Yaret Bolanos
Yaret Bolanos
Entertainment Writer

Senior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Swimming/volleyball/surfing Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Japan Dream job? → Entrepreneur...

Angelina Abdelrahman
Angelina Abdelrahman
Editorial Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSU-NAMI (Triton Students Unite for National Alliance on Mental Illness) Club, Speech and Debate, NHS, Multicultural Club, ASB, Math Tutor, and I intern for the...

Juniors Officially Start Penny Wars Season

Zetseat Damte
Junior advisory classes have begun to save up for Penny Wars.

Penny Wars is an annual event at Preuss in which 11th grade advisory classes compete with each other to collect the most pennies to gain points. This year’s Penny Wars will start on March 18, 2024 and end on March 24, 2024. The participating classes for 2024’s Penny Wars consist of the current junior advisory classes: Mr. Arias, Dr. Ensberg, Ms. Noorzay, and Ms. Garcia.

The rules for gaining points during penny wars is one penny equals one point. Any coin other than a penny creates negative points. For example, a quarter takes 25 points off of the advisory class’s point total. A part of the game is to sabotage the rest of the advisory classes by adding in silver coins to their buckets.  

Every day throughout the week, the advisory with the most points at the end of the day will receive a prize. The advisory class with the least points at the end of the week will have to perform at Airband. The song and choreography for the losing team’s performance will be chosen by the winning class.

The purpose of the Penny Wars annual event is not only for students to have fun and enjoy working with their friends and fellow advisory peers, but also for fundraising. All of the money donated throughout the competition will be used to lower the price for the Class of 2025’s prom.

The ASB students specifically in charge of Penny Wars are Jeneisha Semexant (‘25), Emmy Nong (‘25), Fabian Garcia (‘25), Nini Tran (‘25), Fernando Pech (‘25), and Kathleen Loaiza (‘25). 

“We’re all working together to plan this fun event for high schoolers, not only to have fun but also to create new memories,” stated Kathleen Loaiza (‘25).

“The event was mostly organized for the purpose of students to be able to have fun with each other and bring out their competitive side,” Fernando Pech (‘25).

ASB members hope that all participants enjoy the activity, and may the best advisory class win.