• Come receive academic support at SEA this Saturday from 9-11am!

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024

With the 2024 Prom season around the corner, several “promposals” have occurred in the span of two weeks. This year's Prom theme will be...

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024
The Mental Health Marco mannequin welcomes people into the front office.
Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024
Julius Molina
Julius Molina
Editorial Writer

freshman  Clubs/organizations? → none Hobbies? → I like to run, write about up stories, or cooking. Favorite Season? → Fall Place you'd like to visit? →  NYU, Paris,...

Angelina Abdelrahman
Angelina Abdelrahman
Editorial Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSU-NAMI (Triton Students Unite for National Alliance on Mental Illness) Club, Speech and Debate, NHS, Multicultural Club, ASB, Math Tutor, and I intern for the...

Hafssa Woldegiorgis
Hafssa Woldegiorgis
School News Writer

Freshman Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Painting, drawing, cooking Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Dubai and Ethiopia Dream job? →...

Unveiling San Diego Travel Treasures

Diego Albarran
An ocean side view of Torrey Pines.

As the weekend arrives, adventure awaits all over San Diego County such as exploring Chicano Park or hiking the mountains of Torrey Pines Park. There are various places students and their family can go to explore fascinating monuments and views. Here are the top destinations that make San Diego, California’s Finest City. 

1. Chicano Park 

This monumental park stands as the heart of Barrio Logan, where historic marches took place when the Chicano community fought for civil rights and now the park symbolizes their effort. Home to over one-hundred murals which depict different aspects of Chicano culture, historical events, mythology, and influences, Chicano Park allows students to learn more about Chicano Culture. The yearly Chicano Park Day on April 22nd is a great place to enjoy free music concerts along with iconic Aztec Dancing open to all ages. Outside of the park, the Chicano culture and spirit fills the districts of San Diego with color, spirit, and joy where students and their families can adventure and spend an amazing time together. 

1. Seaport Village 

Located on the coast of San Diego, Seaport Village is an infamous tourist spot near historical monuments such as the USS Midway and the Unconditional Surrender Statue. These must-see attractions are only the smaller part of the greater Seaport Village which is filled with activities for everyone. Students and their families can enjoy waterfront restaurants, gift shops, and fun events such as their infamous San Diego Seal Tours. As the day becomes dark, the historic carousel, music concerts, and decoration lights across the village make Seaport a beautiful environment to stroll with loved ones while gazing at the San Diego ocean. Additionally, street vendors are always a great place to stop by to eat and buy merchandise such as bracelets, necklaces, or clothes which all students enjoy. 

1. Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve 

This coastal state park above Torrey Pines State Beach is home to rare Torrey Pine Trees, wildlife      habitats, and conserved native environment where students can enjoy true wildlife nature. This park contains eight different hiking trails that range from family-friendly to advanced. Students can enjoy the diversity of plant and animal species while hiking towards the breathtaking views of the pacific ocean. In addition to hiking, the reserve offers opportunities for picnicking, birdwatching, and beach activities such as swimming and surfing at Torrey Pines State Beach. All trails have their own unique environment and students can walk the ocean shores along with surfers, fishers and other people who love the beach. 

These are just three travel treasures students and their families can enjoy out of the thousands of beautiful places in San Diego. Make sure to visit one of these places if it interests you or your family.