• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

The Blue Line trolley approaches the UC San Diego Health La Jolla station.
Danger Increases for Preuss Students Riding the Trolley
Alexia De La Mora, Editorial Writer • April 26, 2024

At Preuss, more than half of the students use the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) as their main mode of transportation to get to...

Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Angel Bautista
Angel Bautista
Entertainment Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Soccer Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Dubai Dream job? → Financial manager

Blen Fantaw (27)
Blen Fantaw
Podcaster

Freshman Clubs/organizations? → Church congregation Hobbies? → I like to swim and watch movies Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → I would want to...

Barbara Guerrero
Barbara Guerrero
Photography Editor

Clubs/organizations? Church, and Multicultural Club Hobbies? Soccer, and painting Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Paris or Greece Dream job? Nurse

Preuss High Schoolers Experience An “Enchanted Night”

High School ASB
Students and staff pose in the photo booth to capture memories at ASB Ball.

On a cold and windy night, with the sound of waves crashing in the distance, music and sounds of laughter could be heard from the Catamaran Resort near Mission Bay. The atmosphere in the room was energetic and decorated with dazzling lights and balloons. It was a once in a year night filled with much excitement and fun.

Preuss students and their outside guests attended the ASB Ball with the theme set as an “Enchanted Night.” Students attended the Catamaran Resort located near Mission Bay with access to the beach, food, drinks, photobooths, and a DJ. Throughout the night, the DJ would accept some song requests from students and the photobooth would be located right next to the dance floor.

Students had a time slot of 6:00-6:30 to check in and find a place to sit down with the guidance of ASB members and staff. When first arriving, students had a number of foods to choose from such as rice, chicken, nachos, and varieties of dessert including brownies, coconut cake, and berry cone cups ; the most popular choice was sushi. However, when the time for checking in ended, the food was no longer available and students were then able to take photobooth pictures or begin to dance. 

“My favorite part was the dancing. I enjoyed being around my friends and taking photobooth pictures together. The scenery itself was also nice,” expressed Willam Siratana (‘24). 

After some dancing, students were allowed to go  to the beach under the supervision of some of Preuss’s cherished teachers, Mr. Carr, Mrs. Garcia, Dr. Weber, and Mr. Fozi.

“The beach was the best part. I liked being able to go outside at night and just have a good time. This was a nice start for a dance and I had a great time,” stated Julio Barragan (‘26).

Despite the amount of fun students had at the dance, ASB members still believed there could be improvements in certain aspects to create more student participation for this event in terms of how many people attended and how many people promoted the ASB Ball itself.

“One thing that I would like to improve is the designated area for the ball; I felt that the dining and DJ areas should be in separate rooms to allow people to comfortably do whatever activity they want to do at any given time. The music also wasn’t very diverse in my opinion and it wasn’t really ‘party music’, ” mentioned Thomas Lam (‘25).

The ASB ball was overall successful and brought people together while bringing more excitement towards the event in the upcoming years.  

Due to the ball’s success, ASB has begun conversing about future themes and ideas for future dances.