• Come receive academic support at SEA this Saturday from 9-11am!

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024

With the 2024 Prom season around the corner, several “promposals” have occurred in the span of two weeks. This year's Prom theme will be...

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024
The Mental Health Marco mannequin welcomes people into the front office.
Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024
Stacy Rosales
Stacy Rosales
School News Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Art club Hobbies? → Soccer, Video Games, Drawing, Playing guitar and piano Favorite Season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Japan Dream...

Angelina Abdelrahman
Angelina Abdelrahman
Editorial Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → TSU-NAMI (Triton Students Unite for National Alliance on Mental Illness) Club, Speech and Debate, NHS, Multicultural Club, ASB, Math Tutor, and I intern for the...

Alexia De La Mora
Alexia De La Mora
Editorial Writer

Clubs/organizations? Fashion Club, Rock Band Hobbies? Skating, Volleyball Favorite Season? Fall Place you'd like to visit? Bali or Italy Dream job? Fashion designer or a Interior...

Super Bowl Prices Are Too Extravagant

Barbara Guerrero
The 2024 Super Bowl prices were higher than ever.

The Super Bowl was held on Sunday, February 11. It started at 3:30pm at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada with the Kansas City Chiefs, last year’s Super Bowl champions, taking on the San Francisco 49ers.

The 2024 Super Bowl was hyped for many reasons. One, the Kansas City Chiefs were playing. Second, it was the first time the Super Bowl was held in Las Vegas. I would say much of  the hype was due to the fact that Taylor Swift was going to be there, and people love Taylor Swift. Lastly, because it was going to be a rematch for the 49ers because four years ago, in Super Bowl LIV, the Chiefs won against the 49ers  31-20. With all of  this hype brings along high prices for tickets. The main problem is that people who resell tickets on websites put their prices ridiculously high, knowing people would buy them no matter the price. 

According to the NFL the cheapest face value ticket price cost $2,000. Four days before the event, the cheapest resale ticket, according to TicketMaster, cost around $6,400. . TicketMaster is where people can buy and sell their Super Bowl tickets. That was the cheapest ticket. For this ticket an individual would be seated all the way in the back of the stadium. This price is twice as much as rent in San Diego which is around $3,000 and  people would still have the worst seat in the house. The most expensive ticket cost $21,184. With this ticket an individual is seated in row 22 section C112. This seat is close to the front of the field. These prices are ridiculous, especially since they have increased in comparison to last year, where the cheapest ticket was $3,480 according to TicketSmarter’s. TicketSmarter’s is a website where they resell tickets for more than the face value price.

Most likely the people who do buy these tickets have the money for it. But the people who really don’t have money and wanted to be there to see the Super Bowl in person won’t be able to because of how expensive it is. The prices they give should be more reasonable because if they lower it it’s not like they would be losing money since more people would be willing to pay and more people would go so they would make more money. 

I could never ever spend that much money on a ticket knowing I have to pay bills and I have responsibilities. Now imagine all the other money that has to get spent on food, hotels, and parking. Overall, these prices are too extravagant and over the years these prices are just going to increase and eventually we will have to pay $30,000 for a ticket.