• Check out the Scholastic BOGO Book Fair any day this week from 8am-3:30pm.
  • Mark your calendars for the 2024 Airband on April 19! Tickets will be sold during lunch up until the day of the event.
  • The annual Multicultural Festival will be on Saturday, April 20th at 11am. Come enjoy student performances and cultural foods!

Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Blen Fantaw (27)
Blen Fantaw
Podcaster

Freshman Clubs/organizations? → Church congregation Hobbies? → I like to swim and watch movies Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → I would want to...

Carlos Castaneda
Carlos Castaneda
Photographer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → none Hobbies? → Video Games Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Cabo Dream job? → N/A

Preuss Students Values This Week

Carlos Castaneda
Students were welcomed onto campus with a poster created by peer counselors and GSA club members.

Preuss will celebrate Value Week February from 12th to 15th. Each day contains a daily activity for Preuss students to participate in at the Walton Center, such as creating value buttons, value posters, or playing with fluffy dogs. Value Week is Preuss’s rendition of Valentine’s Day so every Preuss student feels special during Valentine’s Day by valuing themselves and their loved ones. Here are some of the things Preuss students value and their experiences in participating in Value Week. 

Miguel Santiago(‘24) comments, “ On Tuesday I created custom button pins with a friend about Value Week and I think the experience was great since I had fun creating many buttons and I saw many other students having a good time. I value my family because they mean the world to me and my friends who always make me laugh.”

Brenda Velasquez(‘25) states, “ I value my close friends because they have been there for me and I always have a fun time with them wherever we go. Also my parents for supporting me and working hard to make me and my siblings happy and always feel loved.” 

Majority of students value their families, friends, and teachers but students will get the chance to value dogs on February 15th inside the Walton Center. These efforts could not have been possible without the support of the Preuss Peer Counselors and the Gender-Sexuality Alliance Club for creating the first ever Value Week. 

Kevin Gutierrez(‘24) announces, “ Out of Value week I am most excited for Thursday which is when students can spend time with therapy dogs. I feel like everybody loves dogs and having experience in having a pet, they always bring my mood up and I believe it will be the same for students.” 

Alex Munoz(‘27) states, “ I think Value Week should become a tradition because I had a fun time with the activities and it makes the campus look better with all the posters around campus. I value my teammates at school for playing well this season and making it to the playoffs.” 

Overall, students have been enjoying and looking forward to participating in Value Week and have reminded them of the people they value in life. Value Week has brightened up the Preuss Campus and students hope Value Week becomes an annual tradition. As the week comes to an end, Thursday will be the last day of Value Week where students can play with fluffy dogs, afterwards students can enjoy their four-day weekend with loved ones.