• The last day to buy ASB Ball tickets is February 22st. Pay the full price or make a down payment!
  • Academic support will be provided at SEA on February 24th from 9-11am.
  • Interested in law? Join the Law Day at Preuss on March 9th from 10am-12pm to explore careers in this industry.

Juniors Sell Class Shirts
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • February 21, 2024
Preuss Introduces Boys Basketball for Middle Schoolers
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • February 7, 2024
Preuss Community Falls Victim to Excessive Rainfall
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • January 31, 2024

Preuss Varsity Soccer Boys Remain Undefeated

The boy’s soccer team continues their streak of 13 wins.

One January 30, 2024, the Preuss Varsity Soccer Boys acquired their latest League win against the Chula Vista Community Charter Soccer team as the home team at the Preuss Manchester Field. Preuss Tritons gained their second League win and their fourteenth undefeated game of the season with a 7-2 score.

Varsity Captain Issachar Cortez (‘24) declares, “It was a great game against Chula Vista, they are one of the good teams in our League and I am happy the team was able to win so we can make the playoffs. The team is now focused on winning the next game against good teams like Gompers and Chula Vista.”

The Preuss Tritons recently faced a long-awaited game against the Gompers Preparatory Academy’s Eagles on January 23 and gained their twelfth undefeated game with a 2-2 score. Thus far, the season has been a success, as the Preuss Tritons have won twelve games and tied only two games against the Clairemont Chieftains and Gompers Eagles. According to MaxPreps, the Preuss Tritons have a 93 percent win rate heading on to their next game against Granite Hills Eagles on February 2nd. They are standing in third place in the San Diego Section(SDS) Division Four leaderboard in the California Interscholastic Federation (CIF). 

CIF is the official competition of all high school sports for both public and private schools in California. Last year, the Preuss Tritons created history by winning their first-ever CIF Championship in Division Five and now striving to win in the Division Four Conference against new teams and old rivalries. 

Varsity Player Maiwand Salehi(‘26) comments,” I think this year’s competition will be harder than last year since there are new teams we haven’t played against but so far we are playing good against each team we have gone against so I believe this year we have good chances of winning again.”

The Preuss Tritons started their winter season with a 2-0 win against Del Lagos Academy’s Firebirds last year on November 16, 2023, and their season will end on February 8th, 2024 against Gompers once again for their final game at the Manchester Field. 

If the Preuss Tritons continue their undefeated season, they have a high chance of making the playoffs to win another CIF Championship title for the Preuss School UC San Diego.