• The last day to buy ASB Ball tickets is February 22st. Pay the full price or make a down payment!
  • Academic support will be provided at SEA on February 24th from 9-11am.
  • Interested in law? Join the Law Day at Preuss on March 9th from 10am-12pm to explore careers in this industry.

Juniors Sell Class Shirts
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • February 21, 2024
Preuss Introduces Boys Basketball for Middle Schoolers
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • February 7, 2024
Preuss Community Falls Victim to Excessive Rainfall
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • January 31, 2024

Teacher Spotlight: Mrs.Wiedemeier

Andre Gurrola Rivera
Mrs. Wiedemeier working from her desk.

Mrs. Wiedemeier is a Spanish teacher and department head at the  Preuss School. As a Spanish teacher Ms. Wiedemeier prepares students for their next spanish class the following year and prepares students for the AP exam. Apart from her course, she also serves as the middle school ASB advisor, which is a class that plans yearly events for the middle school students such as socials, festivals, and more. Mrs. Wiedemeier is also a very involved PTA member. She keeps parents and families of students updated and actively connects with school events and news. She has been a teacher at the Preuss community since 2016.

“She is a very passionate and hard working person who shines in teaching Spanish. She makes class not just a subject, but an exciting learning journey,” commented Darian Juarez (‘25).

Before teaching at Preuss, Mrs.Wiedemier worked at a nonprofit organization called Barrio Logan College Institute where she met many Preuss students that had a part in her learning about Preuss’s best aspects. Ms.Wiedemeier was out of state for a couple of years and then upon returning to San Diego, she found out that there was a spot open for a Spanish teacher at Preuss; she did not hesitate to take the opportunity. 

Mrs.Wiedemeier started her college education at her local  community college as she chose to stay close to home for a while and after that she transferred to SDSU.

Something that means a lot to Ms.Wiedemeier is the personal connection she has to all Preuss students, the way they grow up in low income communities and the importance of inspiring them not only academically  but also in their personal life goals. 

The most important thing that Ms.Wiedemeier has learned here at Preuss is “flexibility.” She  believes flexibility is a skill students need to attain because it is crucial to be able to make changes on the spot because of the fact that life happens and students need to work with what they have under  the circumstances.

“I enjoy working with the parents and working with the students, knowing that we have commonality in knowing that I was there once upon a time in their shoes. It’s hope of knowing that things can be different,” says Ms.Wiedemeier.