• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024

As AP students reach the end of their academic curriculum, they will take the AP exam that may allow them to start university with some completed...

ASB Welcome New 2024-2025 Staff
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 10, 2024
Preuss Students Cautioned from Roaming UCSD Amid Protests
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • May 10, 2024

freshman  Clubs/organizations? →Henna club and volleyball club Hobbies? → Doing my makeup Favorite season → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → Zanzibar Dream job? →Pediatrician...

Junior  Clubs/organizations? → Interact and Dreamers Hobbies? → Baseball, Cooking, and Videogames Favorite Season? → Spring Place you'd like to visit? → Globe Life...

Heaven Woldai
Heaven Woldai
Media Editor

Senior Clubs/organizations? → ASB, Robotics, TSUNAMI, Speech and Debate, NHS, Rho Kappa, Henna Club Hobbies? →Watching Netflix, hanging out with friends, swimming Favorite Season? →...

Teacher Spotlight: Mrs.Wiedemeier

Andre Gurrola Rivera
Mrs. Wiedemeier working from her desk.

Mrs. Wiedemeier is a Spanish teacher and department head at the  Preuss School. As a Spanish teacher Ms. Wiedemeier prepares students for their next spanish class the following year and prepares students for the AP exam. Apart from her course, she also serves as the middle school ASB advisor, which is a class that plans yearly events for the middle school students such as socials, festivals, and more. Mrs. Wiedemeier is also a very involved PTA member. She keeps parents and families of students updated and actively connects with school events and news. She has been a teacher at the Preuss community since 2016.

“She is a very passionate and hard working person who shines in teaching Spanish. She makes class not just a subject, but an exciting learning journey,” commented Darian Juarez (‘25).

Before teaching at Preuss, Mrs.Wiedemier worked at a nonprofit organization called Barrio Logan College Institute where she met many Preuss students that had a part in her learning about Preuss’s best aspects. Ms.Wiedemeier was out of state for a couple of years and then upon returning to San Diego, she found out that there was a spot open for a Spanish teacher at Preuss; she did not hesitate to take the opportunity. 

Mrs.Wiedemeier started her college education at her local  community college as she chose to stay close to home for a while and after that she transferred to SDSU.

Something that means a lot to Ms.Wiedemeier is the personal connection she has to all Preuss students, the way they grow up in low income communities and the importance of inspiring them not only academically  but also in their personal life goals. 

The most important thing that Ms.Wiedemeier has learned here at Preuss is “flexibility.” She  believes flexibility is a skill students need to attain because it is crucial to be able to make changes on the spot because of the fact that life happens and students need to work with what they have under  the circumstances.

“I enjoy working with the parents and working with the students, knowing that we have commonality in knowing that I was there once upon a time in their shoes. It’s hope of knowing that things can be different,” says Ms.Wiedemeier.