• The last day to buy ASB Ball tickets is February 22st. Pay the full price or make a down payment!
  • Academic support will be provided at SEA on February 24th from 9-11am.
  • Interested in law? Join the Law Day at Preuss on March 9th from 10am-12pm to explore careers in this industry.

Juniors Sell Class Shirts
Marlene Rojas-Renteria, School News Writer • February 21, 2024
Preuss Introduces Boys Basketball for Middle Schoolers
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • February 7, 2024
Preuss Community Falls Victim to Excessive Rainfall
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • January 31, 2024

Check Out the Revamped Fitness Center

Barbara Guerrero
The Fitness Center was off limits during remodeling but is now open for use.

After 15 years, Preuss finally decided it was time to tidy up the Fitness Center. Mr. Fulchiron and Mr. Brazelton and multiple students, ranging from blocks 1 through 8, remodeled the Fitness Center by moving around some equipment and replacing the old shed with a brand new one.

The students in blocks 4 through 8 collaborated to help Mr. Brazelton and Mr. Fulchiron transport the heavier equipment around such as the machines, weights, dumbbells, etc. The rest of the blocks mostly assisted with easier tasks from moving the flooring around to some of the light weights. Overall, everyone was able to do their part to help improve the Fitness Center for both current and future Preuss students.
The Fitness Center has been utilized by generations of Preuss high school students, a major element of our school, and is welcome to everyone.

“The Fitness Center is a place where you not only are able to work out, but you are also able to use the skills and workouts you learned here in an actual gym in the future,” Mr. Brazelton claims.

The Fitness Center consists of varying difficulty levels of equipment that ranges from middle to high school levels of difficulty. This means that the gym’s diverse set of equipment allows middle school students to use little-effort, easier-to-use equipment such as dumbbells or the jump ropes. High school students are able to utilize more difficult, technical equipment such as the lat pulldown machines and the barbell squats.

“The Fitness Center is a very important piece of P.E. and we wouldn’t have that many activities without it,” Mr. Brazelton expresses.

The Fitness Center was originally built in 2008, and the school spent about $5,000 on the shed and $10,000 on the canopy roof alone, making the facility worth around $15,000. Some of the equipment was bought by the school, but a majority of the equipment was donated. Mr. Rupert, Mr. Brazelton, and Mr. Fulchiron also brought their own equipment from home, and the rest of the equipment was donated by UC San Diego.