• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Disney Duos Bring Magic to the 2023 Homecoming

A+collage+for+the+events+at+the+Preuss+2023+Disney+Duos+Homecoming.+
Zetseat Damte
A collage for the events at the Preuss 2023 Disney Duos Homecoming.

Update: As the homecoming games ended, the winners of the homecoming court were announced. Freshman Zetseat Damte, Sophomores Nicholas and Bryan Le, Juniors Aisha Amba and Hiyab Haile, Hodan Abbi and Andre Gurrola-Rivera won and received crowns along with banners of their duos to hold up high.

As winter approaches, ASB members are planning out their layout for homecoming. The homecoming date is set to take place on Thursday, December, 14th, beginning at 4:00 p.m with the last half of the game ending at 7:30 p.m. Throughout these hours, students will be able to watch the girls game first, followed by the boys game. There will be free food provided to those who completed an RSVP form. Students are encouraged to display Preuss spirit through their assigned theme: “Disney Duos.”

Freshman were assigned Princess Anna (pink) and Olaf (brown). Sophomores were assigned Jasmine (blue) and Rajah (orange). Juniors were assigned Mulan (gold) and Mushu (red). Finally, Seniors were assigned Rapunzel (purple) and Pascal (green).

“The homecoming theme was chosen after all the executive board members brainstormed their ideas. We came up with Disney duos and the grades were able to pick which duo they wanted. The order in which we chose went from grade levels. So, seniors first and freshmen last.” stated Emmy Nong (‘25).

With the themes coming into place, students are not only excited to show off their designated colors but they’re excited to see the basketball games as well. These games have a set break with the girls playing at 4:00 and boys playing at 6:00.

“I feel pretty good about the theme my class was assigned. Personally, Mulan is one of my favorite animated Disney movies,” expressed Mauricio Salas (‘25).

Many basketball athletes have put it upon themselves to prepare for the games all with different strategies and approaches. One of these includes practices that will occur throughout the week. They are also looking forward to playing a good game and gaining a win.

“I don’t feel nervous or anxious playing in front of the school. I know we have the capability to win and people showing up and supporting us would just bring more energy that we need to be able to close off the game on a good note.” mentioned Fernando Pech (‘25).