• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrate Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Jacqueline Hernandez (24), Jessica Mariano (24), and Nicole Nguyen (24) are preparing to cheer for a boys lacrosse game.
Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Rediet Neme
Rediet Neme
School News Writer

Clubs/organizations? Black student union and the ambassadors club at the club fair Hobbies? Basketball Favorite Season? Summer Place you'd like to visit? Paris and Hawaii Dream...

Lesly Castillo
Lesly Castillo
Editor-In-Chief

Senior Clubs/organizations? → Journalism Hobbies? → Drawing Favorite weather? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Peru Dream job? → Ultra sound tech

freshman  Clubs/organizations? →Henna club and volleyball club Hobbies? → Doing my makeup Favorite season → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → Zanzibar Dream job? →Pediatrician...

Disney Duos Bring Magic to the 2023 Homecoming

A+collage+for+the+events+at+the+Preuss+2023+Disney+Duos+Homecoming.+
Zetseat Damte
A collage for the events at the Preuss 2023 Disney Duos Homecoming.

Update: As the homecoming games ended, the winners of the homecoming court were announced. Freshman Zetseat Damte, Sophomores Nicholas and Bryan Le, Juniors Aisha Amba and Hiyab Haile, Hodan Abbi and Andre Gurrola-Rivera won and received crowns along with banners of their duos to hold up high.

As winter approaches, ASB members are planning out their layout for homecoming. The homecoming date is set to take place on Thursday, December, 14th, beginning at 4:00 p.m with the last half of the game ending at 7:30 p.m. Throughout these hours, students will be able to watch the girls game first, followed by the boys game. There will be free food provided to those who completed an RSVP form. Students are encouraged to display Preuss spirit through their assigned theme: “Disney Duos.”

Freshman were assigned Princess Anna (pink) and Olaf (brown). Sophomores were assigned Jasmine (blue) and Rajah (orange). Juniors were assigned Mulan (gold) and Mushu (red). Finally, Seniors were assigned Rapunzel (purple) and Pascal (green).

“The homecoming theme was chosen after all the executive board members brainstormed their ideas. We came up with Disney duos and the grades were able to pick which duo they wanted. The order in which we chose went from grade levels. So, seniors first and freshmen last.” stated Emmy Nong (‘25).

With the themes coming into place, students are not only excited to show off their designated colors but they’re excited to see the basketball games as well. These games have a set break with the girls playing at 4:00 and boys playing at 6:00.

“I feel pretty good about the theme my class was assigned. Personally, Mulan is one of my favorite animated Disney movies,” expressed Mauricio Salas (‘25).

Many basketball athletes have put it upon themselves to prepare for the games all with different strategies and approaches. One of these includes practices that will occur throughout the week. They are also looking forward to playing a good game and gaining a win.

“I don’t feel nervous or anxious playing in front of the school. I know we have the capability to win and people showing up and supporting us would just bring more energy that we need to be able to close off the game on a good note.” mentioned Fernando Pech (‘25).