• Come receive academic support at SEA this Saturday from 9-11am!

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024

With the 2024 Prom season around the corner, several “promposals” have occurred in the span of two weeks. This year's Prom theme will be...

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024
The Mental Health Marco mannequin welcomes people into the front office.
Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024

Clubs/organizations? Tsu nami Hobbies? Art Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Bora Bora Dream job? Art teacher

Rediet Neme
Rediet Neme
School News Writer

Clubs/organizations? Black student union and the ambassadors club at the club fair Hobbies? Basketball Favorite Season? Summer Place you'd like to visit? Paris and Hawaii Dream...

Alexia De La Mora
Alexia De La Mora
Editorial Writer

Clubs/organizations? Fashion Club, Rock Band Hobbies? Skating, Volleyball Favorite Season? Fall Place you'd like to visit? Bali or Italy Dream job? Fashion designer or a Interior...

The New Korn X Adidas Collaboration

Zetseat Damte
Preuss student wearing adidas sneakers.

Apparel brand Adidas and renowned nu-metal band Korn released their new collaboration of sneakers and apparel on October 27 of this year. The surprise collaboration sent many Korn fans into a spiral. The lead singer Jonathan Davis is known for wearing Adidas merchandise in past concerts and is widely known for it being his nu-metal signature clothing item.

Hodan Abbi (24’) states, “I’m a fan of Korn and the reason I started to listen to Korn is because of the song ‘Twist.’ I had noticed the advertisement of it on social media and was excited to see the collaboration. I hoped to buy some merch from the collab but the promotion sold out. I love the design of the clothing and shoe collab.”

The new merch drop not only includes shoes but has also expanded onto streetwear apparel. Personally I love all the merch that both brands have released. Although there has been a major sell out crisis, many retailers have bought out the sneakers and made it impossible for real fans to have access. Youtubers have shown their love and honest opinions to the apparel by reviewing the shoes and showing the shoes close up and giving ideas on wearing the merch with everyday or outwear clothing style.

The shoes have been designed to look like the original Adidas but with the band logo behind the shoe heel. It also includes the a.d.i.d.a.s. relation between the brand name and the known song of the band. However I would like to admit that most of the songs Korn has may not be suitable for ages ten and below, the song a.d.i.d.a.s. included. Although many of the songs are explicit, there are few songs ages ten and above with parental permission can enjoy such as “Freak on a Leash,” “Black is The Soul,” or “Word Up.”

The Korn band began to rise to fame throughout the nineties and their band was known to spark a flame for misfits, jocks, and metal enjoyers throughout the nineties. Korn’s own unique style of sound is the reason that the nu-metal genre is popularized. When they released their debut album in 1994, it raised the popularity of the genre nu-metal for bands like Limp Bizkit, Slipknot, and Coal Chamber, making it possible for nu-metal to become mainstream.

Korn has previously sold items on their website and on tour, such as makeup, sauce, coffee, etc. However, this collaboration with Adidas has stood out most to fans because it came as a surprise and sold out quickly. Fans hope the band will restock their current collab so they do not miss out on the chance of collecting a collectible item.