• Interested in joining the Preuss School cheerleading team? Students must attend all tryouts from April 29th to May 3rd in E102.

After FAFSA processes, students will be able to know if they are eligible for grants and loans.
Delayed Financial Aid Packages Frustrate Seniors
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 28, 2024

Seniors apprehensively check their emails, anticipating financial aid packages which specify the total amount of financial aid offered by the...

Jacqueline Hernandez (24), Jessica Mariano (24), and Nicole Nguyen (24) are preparing to cheer for a boys lacrosse game.
Preuss Cheer Presents 24-25 Tryouts
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • April 26, 2024
Princess Project Returns to Preuss
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 12, 2024
Drama Students Begin Shakespeare Production
Amy Shantal Bustos Garcia, School News Writer • March 11, 2024
Barbara Guerrero
Barbara Guerrero
Photography Editor

Clubs/organizations? Church, and Multicultural Club Hobbies? Soccer, and painting Favorite Season? Winter Place you'd like to visit? Paris or Greece Dream job? Nurse

Prajyna Timalsina
Prajyna Timalsina
Editorial Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Walking, Reading, Sightseeing Favorite Season? → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → The weird temples in the wild everywhere Dream...

Alexia De La Mora
Alexia De La Mora
Editorial Writer

Clubs/organizations? Fashion Club, Rock Band Hobbies? Skating, Volleyball Favorite Season? Fall Place you'd like to visit? Bali or Italy Dream job? Fashion designer or a Interior...

Attention, Manager Positions for Boys Basketball Available!

Coach+R+is+in+need+of+a+basketball+manager.+
Carlos Castaneda
Coach R is in need of a basketball manager.

The boys basketball team is looking for students who have a committed mindset and are interested in taking the role of a manager. On November 1st, 2023, Preuss’ basketball held a manager’s meeting after school at 4:10pm in the Walton Center.

Yenatfanta Hailemariam (‘25) was in charge of organizing and advertising the need for managers, with some help from Coach Rasean Simpson (“Coach R.”), the Preuss Varsity Boys’ Basketball coach. She made posters and interest forms, organized the meeting and set up this event in the Walton Center.

In the meeting, which was open for anyone interested in taking the role, Coach R. and Ms. Zamora, athletic director, went over expectations and explained tasks that managers are expected to do. For example, being in charge of handing out water, managing the clock, keeping uniforms organized and folded, attending morning and after school practices, and executing many other miscellaneous tasks.

Grades, character, and an overall positive attitude are some of the many things that Coach R. will take into consideration when he chooses the new managers. Even though anyone can try out to become a manager, not everyone will carry all of the requirements needed for it.

“I wanted to be a manager because I really like watching basketball and I’m really close with the team so it was a great opportunity to show some of my leadership skills,” says Yenatfanta Hailemariam (‘26).

In addition, scholars that wanted to take on this role have to have an 8th block that is flexible for a switch. Students that were still interested but did not have a free 8th block were still welcome to attend.

“[Becoming a manager is] my way of giving back to the community and to the school, but most importantly it looks good on my college resume,” expresses Aisha Amba( ‘25).

Coach R. explains his hopes for the team this year. “The biggest thing is to win, and get better and have fun,” expresses Coach R.

At this time, the manager position is still open and students can still apply.