• Interested in joining the Preuss soccer team? Tryouts will be held from June 5th-7th. Fill out the interest form on the daily bulletin!

New Pride of Preuss member receiving their awards.
Preuss Faculty Select New Pride of Preuss 
Rayan Dahir, Design • June 17, 2024

As the new 24-25 school year is around the corner, the current Pride of Preuss is graduating and welcoming in the new Pride of Preuss at the...

Preuss Holds the Final SEA of the Year
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • June 5, 2024
Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024

Attention, Manager Positions for Boys Basketball Available!

Coach+R+is+in+need+of+a+basketball+manager.+
Carlos Castaneda
Coach R is in need of a basketball manager.

The boys basketball team is looking for students who have a committed mindset and are interested in taking the role of a manager. On November 1st, 2023, Preuss’ basketball held a manager’s meeting after school at 4:10pm in the Walton Center.

Yenatfanta Hailemariam (‘25) was in charge of organizing and advertising the need for managers, with some help from Coach Rasean Simpson (“Coach R.”), the Preuss Varsity Boys’ Basketball coach. She made posters and interest forms, organized the meeting and set up this event in the Walton Center.

In the meeting, which was open for anyone interested in taking the role, Coach R. and Ms. Zamora, athletic director, went over expectations and explained tasks that managers are expected to do. For example, being in charge of handing out water, managing the clock, keeping uniforms organized and folded, attending morning and after school practices, and executing many other miscellaneous tasks.

Grades, character, and an overall positive attitude are some of the many things that Coach R. will take into consideration when he chooses the new managers. Even though anyone can try out to become a manager, not everyone will carry all of the requirements needed for it.

“I wanted to be a manager because I really like watching basketball and I’m really close with the team so it was a great opportunity to show some of my leadership skills,” says Yenatfanta Hailemariam (‘26).

In addition, scholars that wanted to take on this role have to have an 8th block that is flexible for a switch. Students that were still interested but did not have a free 8th block were still welcome to attend.

“[Becoming a manager is] my way of giving back to the community and to the school, but most importantly it looks good on my college resume,” expresses Aisha Amba( ‘25).

Coach R. explains his hopes for the team this year. “The biggest thing is to win, and get better and have fun,” expresses Coach R.

At this time, the manager position is still open and students can still apply.