• Come receive academic support at SEA this Saturday from 9-11am!

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Stacy Rosales, School News Writer • May 15, 2024

With the 2024 Prom season around the corner, several “promposals” have occurred in the span of two weeks. This year's Prom theme will be...

Prom Season Hits the Preuss School UCSD
Senior Swag Dazzles Preuss Campus
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 13, 2024
The Mental Health Marco mannequin welcomes people into the front office.
Testing Encourages Self-Care during Mental Health May
Rediet Neme, School News Writer • May 10, 2024

Junior Clubs/organizations? → Rock band Hobbies? → Read, sleep, and Legos Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Italy Dream job? → Lawyer

Angel Bautista
Angel Bautista
Entertainment Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Soccer Favorite season? → Winter Place you'd like to visit? → Dubai Dream job? → Financial manager

Prajyna Timalsina
Prajyna Timalsina
Editorial Writer

Junior Clubs/organizations? → None Hobbies? → Walking, Reading, Sightseeing Favorite Season? → Fall Place you'd like to visit? → The weird temples in the wild everywhere Dream...

The Exciting Senior Internship Experience

Preuss+Seniors+at+their+internship+wheel+at+UCSD.+
Preuss Seniors at their internship wheel at UCSD.

Senior Internship at the Preuss School UC San Diego is a required class in order for Seniors to graduate by participating in an internship program of their interest at Preuss, or the UC San Diego (UCSD) campus. Internships give students the opportunity to gain real-life work experience in an educational setting, while enjoying their work experience with classmates, college students, and professors.

An example is the Biological Sciences Internship, located inside the Muir Biology building at UCSD campus. With the help of a supervisor, interns are able to learn about molecular and cellular biology, as well as imaging techniques using thermal imaging of plants exposed to high temperatures of CO2 concentrations. Analyzing data and discussing it with lab members helps students understand the work setting inside a laboratory.

Jessica Mariano(24’) states, “ I have enjoyed working in my Biology internship because I hope to have a similar career in the future and I’m able to do experiments in a lab and buy food to eat on campus”

Internships at the UCSD campus vary from Marketing, Biological Sciences, Latin American Studies, and more. These internships give Seniors the chance to work in those fields at the college level for their personal interest or learning more about a future career path in college. On the other hand, those same principles apply for Seniors who have their internship inside Preuss in the Art, Athletics, Math and more departments.

Miguel Santiago(24’) comments, “ I’ve had fun in the Art department drawing portraits of the Preuss spirit and have had the opportunity to meet and learn about new classmates who also like art. So far, I’ve had a fun time drawing and planning art around campus, I thought I was going to have to learn about Art and have it be more like a class”

A misconception among Preuss students is that internships are a boring and tedious experience when in reality, Seniors have enjoyed and had fun in learning or teaching a subject of their interest. All internships have the common goal which is to inspire and learn from working in a college or high school setting, meanwhile having fun exploring a subject of your interest and its secret perks of grabbing food at the UCSD campus.